• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

dilemma... sell as a set or break it out (Queen's Beasts 2 and 10oz)

Litning

so I bought into the idea of stashing silver for rainy day fund...   it's raining for me

I am stuck however in a dilemma.  Do I try to sell my 2oz & 10oz Queen's Beasts as complete sets (as complete as has been released so far) with the custom hand made display boxes or break them out into individual coins and sell piecemeal... I know some of the 10oz early coins have quite the premium to them and would probably sell fast, but the others wouldn't... but if I sell as sets, then I limit my purchasing audience...

thoughts?

like you said if you break it up bigger potential target audience, however you can entice buyers buy offering value if all the set is purchased together (typical example here on the forum is free postage).

Depends on how many you have. If you have multiples I would try to put up both individuals, and sets. I had a similar situation a few months back with the same coins. I just looked at the last sold price and lowered it by $5 on ebay buy it now. All sold in 24 hours. Really depends how rainy it is. Hope the weather brightens up. I always try to keep Gold and Silver eagles around for when it rains but was buying a property so had to sell a few other things

I just have one set of 2s and 10s... plus some other newer from around the world.  I just went through them started taking pictures. that kinda hurts to do, but it is what it is.  

If in no rush put up as a set and see if there are takers.  Though a set of the 10oz would be a small market, unless keenly priced.

As a buyer i have considered and in the end decided against buying sets in the past. Getting all in one removes "the hunt" and the opportunity to get bargains.  But others pay premium for convenience. 

On 03/07/2019 at 13:44, TonyS said:

PM sent.

13 hours ago, Litning said:

I guess I will post them up separately.  hopefully is ebay friendly to me

Sorry if you thought I was unfriendly but I do tend to speak my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2019 at 00:33, Litning said:

I just have one set of 2s and 10s... plus some other newer from around the world.  I just went through them started taking pictures. that kinda hurts to do, but it is what it is.  

I can understand your dilemma perfectly which is why I stack a variety of silver, fractional and 1oz gold coins in case I’m caught short in an emergency. I had to sell my fractional Isle of Man Tonkinese gold cat coin and a sovereign in order to fund my purchase of a 1oz gold Buffalo. The alternative would have been to disrupt completing my 1/4oz Queen’s Beasts series by selling off some of those.

Some stackers go even further and stack multiple Queen’s Beasts which they can sell off piecemeal without disrupting their entire collection. I’m not dissuading you from selling your Queen’s Beasts individually but you need to be aware that there will be a big demand among collectors for the whole set when it completes next year. The series will probably be the last great coin collection of the Queen’s illustrious reign and command high prices.

In general I believe selling single pieces can bring more money. But of course you have to go through the hassle of multiple transactions. For the set you need to find the right buyer at the right time. 

I would try to sell as a collection with a time limit and then break it. Depends on how quickly you want to sell and if you need the money in one go.

Instagram: gildeon_67

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2019 at 10:45, Serendipity said:

I can understand your dilemma perfectly which is why I stack a variety of silver, fractional and 1oz gold coins in case I’m caught short in an emergency. I had to sell my fractional Isle of Man Tonkinese gold cat coin and a sovereign in order to fund my purchase of a 1oz gold Buffalo. The alternative would have been to disrupt completing my 1/4oz Queen’s Beasts series by selling off some of those.

Some stackers go even further and stack multiple Queen’s Beasts which they can sell off piecemeal without disrupting their entire collection. I’m not dissuading you from selling your Queen’s Beasts individually but you need to be aware that there will be a big demand among collectors for the whole set when it completes next year. The series will probably be the last great coin collection of the Queen’s illustrious reign and command high prices.

Exactly my thoughts. You’ve just made me a very happy collector. I had my doubts but not any more. Great advice.

Archived