• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Auctions are insane

3 hours ago, greendragon said:

part of my business is buying stock from auction houses and re-selling

I deal with dozens of auctions both live and online 

rather than name and shame those that shill

I will list below the honest ones that don't...

Sure you haven't missed anybody?

Honestly though, how can you be sure with ones you've bid online with only?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Murph said:

Honestly though, how can you be sure with ones you've bid online with only?

one particular auctioneer has up to 3 auctions per day,every day

approx. 2000 lots per auction

I bid on the same items , with the same pictures , all week , getting outbid in the last seconds each time.

till I either bid higher or they decide they need the sale

its just not possible that the winning bidder fails to collect every time so the item can be re-listed.

auction ends at 9pm - re-listed for next evenings auction by 8am next day , and collection doesn't start till 9am!!

and these auctions have no reserve , they say.

bo11ocks I say.

6 minutes ago, greendragon said:

one particular auctioneer has up to 3 auctions per day,every day

approx. 2000 lots per auction

I bid on the same items , with the same pictures , all week , getting outbid in the last seconds each time.

till I either bid higher or they decide they need the sale

its just not possible that the winning bidder fails to collect every time so the item can be re-listed.

auction ends at 9pm - re-listed for next evenings auction by 8am next day , and collection doesn't start till 9am!!

and these auctions have no reserve , they say.

bo11ocks I say.

I have seen them nod to bids at the back...when im the one standing at the back...no such bids, no prebids allowed...A reserve without being a reserve...car auctioneers love to do it too.

Funny though the quality Auctions DO NOT DO SHILL.  

I was only sitting at an Auction last week and some poor person was being shilled NO reserve the Auctioneer bouncing bids off the wall, if the bidder found out and had a mind to film the auction then its £5000 fine, all over the main press and in the Gazette too which is probably worse for the Auctioneer

Archived