• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi from J.A.S, a new stacker in Liverpool.

Hi guys, I got the heads up from DogSoldier1973 about this site on YouTube so decided to join. My handle is 'Johnny Anthony Stacks' but the only part of that handle that is really me is the Anthony bit, all my friends would call me Tony if I had any! :)

I have come to collecting gold and silver very late in life, in fact I got my bus pass in December, so that gives you some idea of my age. Although to be fair I have never had to use my bus pass because I drive my own vehicle.

I fell into collecting gold and silver coins quite by accident, I actually went to a jewellers in December 2013 to buy myself a gold bracelet for my birthday and ended up buying the bracelet, I had some spare cash left over and looked around the jewellers for something else to buy, I came across a gold George V, 1911 gold sovereign, took a shine to it, bought it and from then on I was hooked. A few weeks later I bought another gold sovereign, and then within the next month I had bought 2 x 1oz gold Krugerrands.

At first I was only interested in collecting gold coins but after joining YouTube and seeing all the silver stackers on there I decided to start  collecting silver coins too. I am only knew to this hobby but I really am enjoying it up to now, I particularly like watching the stackers unboxing their new purchases and I am learning a lot from all the experienced stackers, it's very educational watching the video's the guys are making, they tell me lots that I never knew about precious metals. It's great I am really happy, I have found all you guys, I hope to make many new friends, young and old. Tony

• Founder & Administrator

Hi Tony, a very warm welcome to the silver forum! :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hi Tony and welcome. Good to see a fellow scouser on board. Just one question ....... Where did you buy your coins from? Do we have a shop which sells coins in our neck of the woods?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the welcome guys, Chris, Johnno, Danny-boy and Bosse68, much appreciated.

Up to now Danny-boy, I have a Britannia, a Maple, an American eagle, a Royal Mint Lunar year of the horse, a Philharmonic, a Kookaburra, and an Australian Perth mint lunar year of the horse all in 1oz. I also have a 2oz Australian lunar year of the horse.

I bought my first coin the King George V Sovereign from Miltons Jewellers in St Johns Precinct, Liverpool city centre, Johnno.  I bought my 2nd Sovereign on Ebay which was a lot cheaper than my first one but the first one was in much better condition. I bought my 2 Krugerrands off Chards Bullion site on the net. I saw Chards advertised on YouTube, that's why I used them at first. I bought all of my Silver except for one coin off the net from BullionByPost which I saw advertised in various places. I bought one Silver coin on Ebay. I have since discovered other bullion sites which seem cheaper and I may buy one or two coins from them soon just to test them out to see what their service is like.

I have searched for bullion shops in Liverpool, Johnno but the nearest seem to be in Birkenhead and Southport. I may visit them in the future to see what they are like, but I am very surprised a City Liverpool's size has none of it's own coin or bullion shops.

Another thing which has surprised me is I have seen some American Silver stackers say on YouTube that they get 1oz Maples for $21 a piece, that is way cheaper than I can get them anywhere, I was wondering if ours were so expensive because of the 20% VAT we have to pay !!!

Sorry for going on lads, I don't talk much but once I start typing I can't stop! :)

Yes mate, VAT and higher premiums gives us more expensive silver. I don't care though, I love it.

You can buy much cheaper within the EU, that's where most of us but from. Estonia, Germany etc. Have a look at the trusted sellers thread.

Some of our site sponsors have fantastic deals too on here.

Check your lunar horse (royal mint) and make sure it's not a mule. If it is, it'll be worth £100. You can tell, if it has denticles around the edge of the queens side you are onto a winner.

Great start you have with your stack, now you are here it will grow fast!!!!

Stacker since 2013

I saw that story about the Lunar horse and Britannia denticles, Danny-boy, I was actually watching a video by DogSoldier1973 on YouTube about it and it was he who gave me the heads up and link to this site in one of his video's. I do not have a mule unfortunately :rolleyes:

Thank you for the information you gave, I have taken it on board, much appreciated.

Tony where is the dealer in Southport, I go down there once or twice a year to get my motorbike serviced. would be nice to kill a bit of time looking/buying a coin or two :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Tony where is the dealer in Southport, I go down there once or twice a year to get my motorbike serviced. would be nice to kill a bit of time looking/buying a coin or two :)

It's, 36 King St, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 1JX, which is off Eastbank St, which in turn is off Lord St. I would be interested in knowing what it is like myself, motorbikez so let me know what you think of it if you do visit it, please. 

It's, 36 King St, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 1JX, which is off Eastbank St, which in turn is off Lord St. I would be interested in knowing what it is like myself, motorbikez so let me know what you think of it if you do visit it, please. 

Thanks Tony,I know where Lord St is so I'll find King St no problem.Probably will be August when bike goes in this year.But I'll let you know the score.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Hi guys, I got the heads up from DogSoldier1973 about this site on YouTube so decided to join. My handle is 'Johnny Anthony Stacks' but the only part of that handle that is really me is the Anthony bit, all my friends would call me Tony if I had any! :)

I have come to collecting gold and silver very late in life, in fact I got my bus pass in December, so that gives you some idea of my age. Although to be fair I have never had to use my bus pass because I drive my own vehicle.

I fell into collecting gold and silver coins quite by accident, I actually went to a jewellers in December 2013 to buy myself a gold bracelet for my birthday and ended up buying the bracelet, I had some spare cash left over and looked around the jewellers for something else to buy, I came across a gold George V, 1911 gold sovereign, took a shine to it, bought it and from then on I was hooked. A few weeks later I bought another gold sovereign, and then within the next month I had bought 2 x 1oz gold Krugerrands.

At first I was only interested in collecting gold coins but after joining YouTube and seeing all the silver stackers on there I decided to start  collecting silver coins too. I am only knew to this hobby but I really am enjoying it up to now, I particularly like watching the stackers unboxing their new purchases and I am learning a lot from all the experienced stackers, it's very educational watching the video's the guys are making, they tell me lots that I never knew about precious metals. It's great I am really happy, I have found all you guys, I hope to make many new friends, young and old. Tony

Don't tell too many people that you are stacking. You can't trust scousers.

Seriously though, the longer you are in this game, and the bigger your stack becomes, the more secretive you become.

Me, I'm totally paranoid.

Seriously though, the longer you are in this game, and the bigger your stack becomes, the more secretive you become.

Me, I'm totally paranoid.

Same here, the more I have the more I think about security.

To the point where my stack is going off-site tomorrow.

Stacker since 2013

Archived