• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good reasons to stack silver and gold

Dave

Something I read a while ago, this is the bones of what I remember .

Buying/stacking silver and gold is like renting or buying a house, the benefits of renting are a fixed cost per month, no other outlays like improvements , up keep , maintenance , depreciation , free to spend excess money as you please, buy what you want . From the first day of rental to the last day, you will walk away with what you started with . This is like not stacking pms

Buying a house , fixed cost every month for 240-300 months , the longer you pay ,the easier it gets , chance to add value through improvements but also the expense of maintenance , money has to be found every month to keep going. Missing out on some luxuries because of other choices, walk away with at least what you put into house, hopefully with profit . 10 year cycles give great chance of profits. This is like stacking/ buying silver gold .

Buying a house - security and chance of gaining value.

Risk of default if you cannot pay the mortage due to unforseen circumstances.

Risk of housing bubble burst ( London & SE mainly ) with value falling 30% or more.

Negative equity - see subprime in USA that caused the global financial crash.

No different to stacking PMs - can rise or fall but you have turned cash into metal rather than bricks.

Buying/stacking gold and or silver is similar to house purchasing, i suppose. You may loose out big time (Housing bubble bursts - negative equity!!) PMs drop - you lost out! But you still own the asset. Well, not with a house - tha bank owns that and if you don't pay them off regularly they will take it from you and put you out on the streets. 
With PMs you just get to sit in your house and lick your wounds when the market drops, knowing that in a few years it will appreciate again and you will be quids in.

Not a comparison I would usually make.

Don't bet your house on your future. But I'd bet my disposable on PMs any day.

People are looking too much at the house purchase , maybe I didn't remember it properly. It's supposed to be about stacking metals against not stacking metals, I thing the original author was using the house purchase as a for instance

Buying a house has been thrust down our necks endlessly since the 80s with great council house right to buy and everyone 'getting on the housing ladder'

It is called 'home ownership', but it is in fact shackling you to being a 20-30 year permanent renter with all the associated worries of repairs renewals and upkeep costs

It is not fully yours until that final mortgage payment.

Although i would like to own my home - it would be nice to have a place of your own.  

If i had don't this in my early 20s i wouldn't have been able to travel go travelling in Europe, spend x4 months in the far east, spend x3 months in USA, spent several winter months in the canary islands.  

These experiences have given my experiences of a lifetime rather than staying on the hamster wheel of debt/work most of the working population are doing

I have always done these jaunts away at the end of 6 or 12 month renting periods here in the UK also lived in various suburbs/areas of my own county,

Lived on the coast, lived in the city centre, lived on the quayside, lived in the countryside experienced and enjoyed some much better than others

A good reason for myself in stacking is that any spare money is used to buy silver. If I had cash lying in an account my wife would find a reason to spend it, most usually on something we don't need.

I can then look at my stack of silver and see the potential value of it in the future rather than thinking what might have been.

Archived