• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver from usa

jacobkenn

On 02/02/2019 at 17:11, sovereignsteve said:

motorists being stopped by the police for no good reason and having their cash/property confiscated?

@boredThis is the last from me on this subject. My post was meant to poke fun. It was meant to be read, get a chuckle out of it and move on, not meant to start a discussion on flippin' asset forfeiture. Sorry if I disappoint.

56 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

This is why I never comment on another country's politics here. As much as we think we know about each other, we do not. We just learned that the Brits believe that American police makes illegal car stops to steal our cash. I mean, it's ridiculous, but they believe that. Americans believe that all Brits have bad teeth, eat Indian food everyday, and brawl at soccer games just because it's the thing to do at soccer games. That is false! Not all Brits are like that, most are, about 98.7865% to be exact, but not all.

Exactly. No doubt there are corrupt cops or even police chiefs and sheriffs. But it's not a systemic national problem. Still, whatever issues exist are A) likely more complex than a news clipping or soundbite can adequately explain; and B ) the news media are not trustworthy, period. They likely won't give you adequate context or information about any given incident. 

Also, common sense (which, as we know, isn't common) tells you not to look like you're doing something wrong. Profiling is real, for good reasons. Don't fit a criminal profile and you might avoid unnecessary problems. 

6 hours ago, 999magnum said:

We just learned that the Brits believe that American police makes illegal car stops to steal our cash

Just doing what most people do; watch the news, read newspaper reports in publications like The Washington Post, NY Times, CNN reports etc. Youtube doesn't come into it.

When you also see reports of senior judges reversing these seizures, there must be something in it, can't all be fake news.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

30 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Sorry I mentioned it guys but it is a forum after all....

No problem at all!  As you said, it's a discussion forum, and that's why we're here: to discuss.  It's how we learn and gain understanding, right? 

Archived