• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Avoid this Company

Mike

https://www.bnt.org.uk/

Coinsters - I need to warn you about this company based on my experience my experience with them.  I ordered a “limited mintage” coin from them, which I checked and had it confirmed by email it was limited to an edition limit of 1000 and would come boxed with COA.  The coin arrived, unprotected, rattling around in cheap wooden box, damaged and it was a plain bullion coin, not limited.  Breach of contract, misrepresentation etc

I immediately contacted the company, sent the coin back my special delivery.  I have tracked that they have received it, they have confirmed receipt, but 3 weeks on, no refund.  Apparently they can only process refunds on a Friday, and they just haven’t got round to processing mine.  I am now recovering funds through my credit card company, but unlikely to get return postage or any compensation paid 

I’m sure there are people out there that have had a positive experience, but it if goes wrong, based on my recent interaction, it takes a long time to get your money back.  

10 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

@Mike on page 2 BNT post replies.  You could try pming that profile name.

Be good if you could post on that thread if you get a reply too, they never answered me on there by tagging them.

I didn't have any problems with refunds or refunded postage (well, not taking weeks anyway when I hassled them by phone). I'll post the latest status of my order with them on that thread.

Basically what happened is that I ordered some of the Sapphire Coronation SotDs, despite my warnings about the Mint packaging an raising concerns about quality they assured me they'd take care with both, then didn't. I had to return most coins and they said they'd replace them, never did. I insisted to their British call centre that any replacements should be discussed with me in advance of sending (to comply with the quality and packaging issues they had promised to get right the first time) or charging, and they agreed. Then a month or two later at a random time they charged (without warning) my bank a pending payment, which sent me into overdraft and meant I was locked out of my bank account totally for a few days.

I raised it with the bank and they said only BNT could reverse the charge, the money had left their end. Raised a huge complaint with BNT (Germany company so this was UK 'customer services' - aka as 'probably usually well-meaning but useless and uninformed part-time staff'). They agreed it was ridiculous and promised a full investigation and explanation.

I got neither, and when I wrote asking for a follow-up I was told it was down to me to provide them with details from my bank because they had no clue. I can only guess that BNT did reverse the charge to my bank as asked, but that communication between the UK 'front' and German HQ is so bad they needed babystepping through the whole thing, sorry - not prepared to do that.

The last time I checked my account with them was September I think and at that time my order status for the rest of the coins was 'open' I'm pretty sure, despite the fact the entire mintage had sold out in a day. I've heard absolutely nothing since, but just logged on out of interest and seen that they seem to either marked my order (wrongly) as fulfilled, or abandoned it (of course without letting me know).

In the meantime I've had the 'pleasure' of their spam about rubbish coins every few days.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Tldr; they are a genuine company imvho and many of their staff don't mean to be deceitful (and some are actually really rather nice, polite and competent!). But if you value your time and don't wish to spend months sorting out their needless mistakes for them, or expect decent service (however nice their UK call centre staff may be) look elsewhere!

I took BNT to task when I emailed them when they gave the wrong specs for a colourised silver Black Panther coin. The company has made no attempt to correct the error which is still visible in the description on their website. The face value of the obverse side of the coin is two dollars but they mistakenly refer to it as one dollar. They also mistakenly call the obverse (head-side) of the coin the reverse (tail-side). It’s worth pointing out that BNT (British Numismatic Treasury) is not in any way affiliated to the official British Numismatic Trade Association (BNTA).

Archived