• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay is it worth it?

fiveshotdon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

One thing I meant to add but didn't is that I think this debate is very regional. If I were in North America - well either Canada or US - I wouldn't see eBay as a viable option. There is a dealer I buy from when I get the chance to go visit family in Canada and the prices I pay there are lower than what I pay on most things including items I buy on eBay here in the UK. The reason of course is the 20% VAT charged on silver here. Once you factor that in eBay becomes one of the best places to buy items from as you can regularly and without much effort find items much cheaper than what you'd find them being sold for by a dealer.

There are bargains to be had on eBay in the US as well.  The same reasonable advice already given applies here too.

23 minutes ago, vand said:

er, no. That's my point... idiot.

If so, please point me to all this "cheap" silver (ie below 120% of spot). 

Haha, what an ignoramous!!!  You need to go and re-read the thread!!  Show me where I said I get bullion at spot!!

That assuming has really made an ass out of you hasn’t it :D 

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

Haha, what an ignoramous!!!  You need to go and re-read the thread!!  Show me where I said I get bullion at spot!!

That assuming has really made an ass out of you hasn’t it :D 

Show me where I said "bullion at spot" you ignoramous.

Show me where you can get bullion at dealer prices in any significant quantities (lets say > 10oz). Just dealer prices. Not even below.

By dealer prices I mean GS.be, Celticgold, etc.

Can't say clearer than that.

All you can do is give cryptic bullcrap about how you and other ebay ninjas know some secret that no one else does because you've mastered the search engine... hahahahaa........

Idiot.

6 minutes ago, vand said:

Show me where I said "bullion at spot" you ignoramous.

Show me where you can get bullion at dealer prices in any significant quantities (lets say > 10oz). Just dealer prices. Not even below.

By dealer prices I mean GS.be, Celticgold, etc.

Can't say clearer than that.

All you can do is give cryptic bullcrap about how you and other ebay ninjas know some secret that no one else does because you've mastered the search engine... hahahahaa........

Idiot.

Actually I just re-read and think I understand it now?!  

I never claimed you could find "bullion at dealer prices in any significant quantities (lets say > 10oz). Just dealer prices. Not even below.".  I'm pretty sure nobody on this thread did!  You brought that in to it.

That assuming is really making an ass out of you :D 

2 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I never claimed you could find "bullion at dealer prices in any significant quantities (lets say > 10oz). Just dealer prices. Not even below."

And if you can't make this claim then to answer the OP's question... NO, Ebay is not worth it, not unless you are after a nice set of teaspoons or a pendant. No need to take this conversation further.

2 minutes ago, vand said:

And if you can't make this claim then to answer the OP's question... NO, Ebay is not worth it, not unless you are after a nice set of teaspoons or a pendant. No need to take this conversation further.

So eBay is not worth it for anyone at all because your specific requirement can not be met?!  Hahahaha, get over yourself!!

24 minutes ago, vand said:

Nobody said you can find European Dealer  prices on silver bullion coins.

You can find plenty of good deals on junk silver coins - the type of coins that you can’t buy from any dealer.

You can certainly find good deals on slightly older gold bullion coins, which are  either not available at dealers or significantly higher in price.

7 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

An update on this. The seller is saying that Royal Mail have not attempted to deliver it and that the address eBay provided me with he sold 2 years ago.

Phone eBay up and explain that the seller has provided an incorrect return address.  It sounds like he’s trying to fob you off.

12 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Phone eBay up and explain that the seller has provided an incorrect return address.  It sounds like he’s trying to fob you off.

He didn’t provide me with it. I clicked return the item, provided the reason and description and eBay immediately accepted the return and gave me the address to send it to. It does sound credible that he didn’t correctly update his account and eBay just dished his old details out to me. But now I guess eBay won’t refund because it’s down to me to get the item back. There is no way of me escalating the issue to eBay in my account despite eBay saying there should be in various documentation online. Not a chance in hell im buying from eBay again.

7 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

He didn’t provide me with it. I clicked return the item, provided the reason and description and eBay immediately accepted the return and gave me the address to send it to. It does sound credible that he didn’t correctly update his account and eBay just dished his old details out to me. But now I guess eBay won’t refund because it’s down to me to get the item back. There is no way of me escalating the issue to eBay in my account despite eBay saying there should be in various documentation online. Not a chance in hell im buying from eBay again.

Exact thing happened to me, only i was the seller, guy returned an item i sold for £270, 4 days before the 8 days you get to sort it out, ebay automatically gave my registeration address by default, not lived there for 10 years, not even in my return addresses, only ebay sided with the buyer and im down £270 and my coin, being told it was my fault, but the buyer sending back 4 days before ebay said return it got overlooked

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

21 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

It’s the sellers responsibility to keep their addresses updated.  eBay don’t know if someone has moved house and not updated their address.

As per @DaveWheat89‘s account, eBay should side with you as the buyer.

You can escalate the case after a number of days but don’t wait for that, phone them up.  They have 24/7 support so you can phone them now.

15 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Exact thing happened to me, only i was the seller, guy returned an item i sold for £270, 4 days before the 8 days you get to sort it out, ebay automatically gave my registeration address by default, not lived there for 10 years, not even in my return addresses, only ebay sided with the buyer and im down £270 and my coin, being told it was my fault, but the buyer sending back 4 days before ebay said return it got overlooked

A buyer doesn’t have to wait 8 days before returning.  The 8 days is the point a buyer or seller can escalate the case to eBay if they are not satisfied with the progress.

On 08/10/2018 at 10:22, vand said:

I wonder how many people who buy stuff on ebay don't even realise they're getting conned:

Saw this one ages ago along with cybercurtaintwitcher videos scared the bad out of me from buying from eBay I just wonder how many dirty stacks are out there with people thinking they have a perfect stack. There are ofcours a few exceptions that I would buy from at the right price now learning who is reputable. For example I would buy from BBP silvertrader and @Shinus73 now. 

Archived