• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheapest Gold Coins Purchased in 2014

Pete

Front and back together with a pound coin for size comparison.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0HcaPw2X6X7UFNjQVEwbUdSbjQ&usp=sharing

Looks a million times better in your pictures, how did you even find the listing it ebay? must be the worst listing ever putting a poor quality picture and not even calling it a sovereign lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Looks a million times better in your pictures, how did you even find the listing it ebay? must be the worst listing ever putting a poor quality picture and not even calling it a sovereign lol 

On Ebay, I always look at the ending British coins as I started collecting pre-decimal. Saw this with a couple of minutes to spare, and made a quick decision to bid £15 plus £2.58 for delivery. I bid in the last 2 seconds and was shocked (and worried as I've only just started collecting) when I wasn't outbid. Oh and the seller had no feedback, but other items they had looked like a house clearance.

It was sent in a small paper envelope, second class (not signed for) and sat in an outside mailbox attached to the wall at my office for 2 days. 

I have looked for others, but I don't think I'm going to ever be this lucky again.

The beauty of this thread is that it shows most of us posting are smart buyers and paying roughly the same for gold coins.

There will always be exceptions and lucky finds through the ignorance of sellers perhaps. We saw a cracking example of a gold sovereign selling on ebay as a junk commemorative for about £15 but that's rare. My best eBay purchase several years ago was a half sovereign that turned out to be a full sovereign. Keep sharing your best buys for 2014. If you now realise you are paying too much then this forum may save you a fortune as you seek better deals.

Wow Stretch are you saying you bought 21 Krugs in one go, or are you saying you bought 1 Krug at £781.20, which is the best price out of 21 you bought this year?

There I go again worse for wear.  Sorry everyone esp stretch :(

I used the last dip to buy RM Lunar Horse £802.  

Has anyone noticed that the dealers don't always drop the prices straight away, sometimes leaving it a day or two before they fully realize the price drop.

Archived