• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

5oz Britannia 2014

Frenchie

Almost 100 views but not even one answer even if I imagine this a coin of great interest. So may be changing the question to "if you see this coin on sale, what would be the price you would willing to pay for it ?"

Thank you for yours answers, it could enlight me were is the market for it now

14 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Almost 100 views but not even one answer even if I imagine this a coin of great interest. So may be changing the question to "if you see this coin on sale, what would be the price you would willing to pay for it ?"

I  get them for £150 - my dealer has 4 different years on them as well when I checked last. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

27 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I  get them for £150 - my dealer has 4 different years on them as well when I checked last. 

If you can get 5oz 2014 Britannias for £150 ill take all you can get :)

They were around £400 on release

1 hour ago, mr-dead said:

Of course, that's what I already checked and wrote in my first post...prices come from 600 to 1800£ sold on ebay , sometimes even more. So where is the reality for this coin with such gap ? 

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Well, I'll take ten coins :) 

i purchased one last month for just under £400 and that is the cheapest one ive ever seen since they were originally released . 

as above if you can source them for £150 i will take all of them off you hands . the 1oz can go for more that.

2 minutes ago, daz said:

i purchased one last month for just under £400 and that is the cheapest one ive ever seen since they were originally released . 

as above if you can source them for £150 i will take all of them off you hands . the 1oz can go for more that.

You were very lucky and now a happy owner of this beautiful coin :)

20 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Hello,

I see a lot of different prices for this coin from 600 to 1800£, sometimes even more  (in US)

According to you, what is the fair price  ?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Thank you for yours answers, it could enlight me were is the market for it now

There's no easy answer to the question of what is a "fair" price for this one. I think many read your post and thought, like i did, no can't help with that.

This is the design that put Jody Clark on the map. It's the proof Britannia that is widely considered the best ever. Majority of collectors who acquire it won't part with it.

Depends too if you mean the raw boxed one, or the NGC slabbed? There are more slabbed ones than raw (first 750 struck were for the US market, RM did a deal with Govmint who had NGC slab and designate them all). Of the 600 raw ones sold directly by the RM, the number of perfect ones are less than the original 600 too (there were many found to have micro milk spotting when they arrived, and in worst cases for some buyers the spotting was only noticed some months later when it was too late for exchange). So with the pool of perfect examples being limited, and if by chance one of those owners isn't of the mind it will have to be pried from his cold dead hands, then the price is unpredictable. Sellers market with this one.

The OGP 2014 5oz proof falls into a category of 'what are you willing to pay' to have one, when one comes up. Not so much what is a fair guideline, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, daz said:

I guess I made a mistake of not buying them up when I saw them. I asked if she had the boxes and COAs - was going to check then I forgot to go back and ask. Hopefully she has them on Monday! 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I guess I made a mistake of not buying them up when I saw them. I asked if she had the boxes and COAs - was going to check then I forgot to go back and ask. Hopefully she has them on Monday! 

Would be great to have a feedback about it and give the information. But I do not believe it too much, or if your dealer has some ,maybe they are in bad shape with dings and milky spots

it would be too good to be true, but let's have some hope :) 

6 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Would be great to have a feedback about it and give the information. But I do not believe it too much, or if your dealer has some ,maybe they are in bad shape with dings and milky spots

it would be too good to be true, but let's have some hope :) 

I have had significant bargains from this dealer. 10oz Gairsoppa bar for 10% over spot, shield sovs at bullion sob prices, Engelhard 1 ozzers at spot plus 5%, proof sovs and half sovs at bullion prices. They don’t really care about the nonbullion premium. 

Archived