• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1kg Silver Coin 2016 Koala

MarkW

Hello,

As per the title, I have a 1kg Koala (2016) for sale. Excellent condition as brand new. I can provide more photos if required. 

I am asking £530 for the coin, this includes Royal Mail Special Delivery. 

Cash on collection would be preferred but I understand that for most buyers this won't be possible.

I have been advised that a bank transfer is a suitable alternative for making the payment online.

If if you have any questions please get in contact

Cheers

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

I am all too aware how easy it is for someone to send an online payment and then later on perform a 'chargeback' once the goods have been received!

This is the Silver Forum. You deal with any of the longer standing members this does not happen. This is a community, we help each other. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

19 minutes ago, sixgun said:

This is the Silver Forum. You deal with any of the longer standing members this does not happen. This is a community, we help each other. 

I understand what you are saying. I have appealed to the community for advice regarding the best way to take payments for coin sales online and will update this sales post accordingly should I receive advice on a better way to transact.

18 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Was also going to say the same. If we send a cheque & its cashed l, whos to say you wouldn't keep the coin?

Yes I completely understand that this method shifts all the risk to the buyer. I am hoping the more experienced members of the community will help me with some suggestions as to the best method to use. I have posted my question in the silver forum.

Thanks for the feedback both. 

The concerns are not that longer standing members won't pay. The concern we have is when a new member arrives we don't know who very quickly wants to sell.

Normally i send the money bank transfer before the item is sent when dealing with established members. Unless it is a foreign currency transfer the cash is there immediately.  i know i will get the goods as described. 

Everything is done on trust.

If someone is new a member might well ask the coin is sent before payment. They will check it is ok and then send the money. If a member welshed on a deal their name would be mud, so they aren't going to do it. It just is not going to happen. But you would have to be dealing with an established member. Once you have sold a few items and you are seen to be 100% you have passed the initiation and all is well. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

That's very understandable and I fully appreciate your concern about new members diving in to the trading section with expensive items for sale!

If an established member is interested in purchasing I would have no problem sending the coin before payment.

Thanks for the information

This is a genuine problem for a new seller offering a mid-priced item for sale.
If selling to an established forum member the seller should be able to confidently ship prior to receiving payment.
Trusting the buyer is a risk but a very minor one, especially to a forum member with a good history of trades.
A buyer paying in advance for an item from a new member with no trading is however a risk.
I believe ( but requires checking ) that if you pay for "goods" using PayPal, the seller would incur a fee, but the buyer is protected.
Friends and Family would not be the way to remit these early transactions as PayPal treats them as gifts and not a trade.
The seller will take the hit of the initial PayPal fees but will start to gain credibility and future buyers can pay F&F or bank transfer.

Finally perhaps you can invite a well-established forum member to act as an escrow, accepting the coin and the payment before releasing both.
I am sure someone might volunteer accepting a token gift or similar to cover their inconvenience ?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived