• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Quality Of Bullion Coins.

StackemHigh

I've not got many bullion coins and the quality of some has puzzled me recently.

Quality of finish and level of detail i think can be subjective so i am wondering

The Noah's Ark coin, Could anyone suggest another coin that has a similar finish as a comparison to this one?

I aiming to "Hit the Button" on another purchase at the end of next week and wondered what others think of this one. 

post-136-0-08082000-1404400259_thumb.jpg

• Founder & Administrator

High stack em, i was very impressed with the 2014 britannia coins i bought.

Really? I am very unimpressed with the strike and the depth of the Britannia's. Also not a fan of the Philharmoics either.

Quality bullion coins; all of perth mint, Somalian elephants, Chinese pandas, libertads, ASE,s and royal Canadian products are minted to a high quality (just shame about the milk spots on RCM products)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well of course Chris since i only have five Britannias in my new very small stack i suppose i have nothing to compare them to as yet, but i liked em, I am easy to please. :D

If you pick up a kookaburra coin and/or a Perth mint lunar coin I think you will be even more impressed :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

If you pick up a kookaburra coin and/or a Perth mint lunar coin I think you will be even more impressed :)

Yeah I agree with this, the kooks and lunars are fantastic quality.

The fact they come in capsuled from the mint further preserves the quality.

Stacker since 2013

OK, it looks like i might be getting some ideas for my next purchase. I was trying to avoid buying coins that i would start feeling attached to as i was supposed to be buying for investment but that seems to be failing as i already love my Britannias. Maybe i should buy the Maples with milkspots that way i wont get too attached to them.I have always thought that when people have some rare item like a record or something and thay say its worth this much money but i would never sell it, it might as well not be worth anything if you could never bring yourself to sell it. What are your easiest to  sell coins guys?

I have separate stacks. Stack one (and the largest) is investment coins of several types in tubes and a couple of bars. these are kept safely locked away in off-site storage because I have no need to look at them, they are there for selling. 

Stack 2 is separate collection, a sample of one of each bullion coin, kept in an airtight capsule which I can look at any time I choose; I have no intention of ever selling this second collection. This does mean every time I buy coins I have to get a minimum of two, but it also means I can enjoy the variety and will always have a selection of my favourites.

I have separate stacks. Stack one (and the largest) is investment coins of several types in tubes and a couple of bars. these are kept safely locked away in off-site storage because I have no need to look at them, they are there for selling. 

Stack 2 is separate collection, a sample of one of each bullion coin, kept in an airtight capsule which I can look at any time I choose; I have no intention of ever selling this second collection. This does mean every time I buy coins I have to get a minimum of two, but it also means I can enjoy the variety and will always have a selection of my favourites.

Perfect way to go about it mate! All mine is pretty much "stack 2" because that's all I can really afford

I do the same, I buy my coins in multiples of 105 so I can save the tubes as investment keep a single for myself and have a few for swaps and trades ect

I bought maples and Britannias first, (my worst coins) and got phills, libs and ASE second, the maples are nearly all milky, the brits are mostley scratched (few nice ones but then again I did buy 105) 

The best out of my lot are ASE and the libs so if I where you I'd go libs, but my next lot will be noah's for sure and maybe some saltwater crocs as they are cheap at the moment too

Fiji taku has a similar finish.

I think i will take a chance on the Ark and hope for a couple of spot free coins.

The Fiji Taku as you've suggested Db looks like a good one.

What are the chances of getting all the 1ozs? I think there a 4 from 2010 to 2013 would this be correct?

The Fiji Taku as you've suggested Db looks like a good one.

What are the chances of getting all the 1ozs? I think there a 4 from 2010 to 2013 would this be correct?

Correct.

Mintages of 10k, 20k and 350k for the last two.

Still a reasonable price generally.

Stacker since 2013

Noahs Ark 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz (2011-2014)

and

Fiji Taku 1oz     (2010-2014)

1/2oz (2012-2013)

These will form the start of this months order. The 2010 1oz Taku i can see in my usual haunts i'll have to cast my net further this month.

Be careful of the 1/4 and 1/2 ounce silver coins. Ok to buy to add to your collection but I wouldn't recommend stacking multiples of them.

The reason being is that 1oz is the most collected and therefore liquid size and secondly the premium on the 1/2 and 1/4 silver coins are quite high making them expensive.

Discounts / Offers

I am looking to put an order in for some Arks and Takus and noticed that they come in these fracs.

Not many to collect. Two of for each year esp the taku really just want to see then and maybe get the Takus in a homemade case also to bulk out the order too!

Not worried about the premiums on fracs on so few coins.

Archived