• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

It seems a well known online Jeweller is selling a fake half sovereign

Was browsing around yesterday when this site was down for me and spotted this half sovereign in pendant.  It definitely looks like a Sydney mint mark (or fake in this case). Sydney mint never minted a half in this year

fake 1913s H Sov.webp

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

• Spyder changed the title to It seems a well known online Jeweller is selling a fake half sovereign
49 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Was browsing around yesterday when this site was down for me and spotted this half sovereign in pendant.  It definitely looks like a Sydney mint mark (or fake in this case). Sydney mint never minted a half in this year

fake 1913s H Sov.webp

Best you get em told!😮🤔

What is the pendant advertised as?

Jewellers copies of coins in jewellery are not that rare.  Does the advert state the CT of the coin or anything like that?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Orpster said:

What is the pendant advertised as?

Jewellers copies of coins in jewellery are not that rare.  Does the advert state the CT of the coin or anything like that?

https://handt.co.uk/collections/pendants/products/9ct-gold-coin-pendant-41

I do not know if they can get away with it if they write 9ct gold coin pendant

Was told all the sovereign and half sovereigns in pendants are genuine. Pointed this one out to them, so let see if they remove it.

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

https://handt.co.uk/collections/pendants/products/9ct-gold-coin-pendant-41

I do not know if they can get away with it if they write 9ct gold coin pendant

Was told all the sovereign and half sovereigns in pendants are genuine. Pointed this one out to them, so let see if they remove it.

Not sure who told you that but 9ct sovereign 'like' coins in jewellery are reasonably common. 
I suspect they have purposely picked a year that sovereigns were not made in that mint and suspect if you took it from the pendant it will be hallmarked.

The obverse is a standout, I will be generous and call it a 'replica'

image.thumb.png.87ed4e4610cbe47ba86ce858ff5d25ff.png