• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Scrap 9ct Hallmarked Gold - 6.1g Under Spot

6.1g of scrap 9ct hallmarked gold available. A broken necklace makes up the bulk of the weight, but there is also a couple of earrings included. Hallmarks are shown in the close-up images I have added.

For sale, or I am willing to exchange for another gold item. If a proposed exchange item turns out to be more expensive then I would pay the difference in cash by bank transfer or PPFF.

For an exchange we would each cover our own postage costs. If someone wants to buy the scrap gold then they will need to cover their own choice of postage and accept any risks if not sent by a tracked/insured method.

I have used a scrap gold calculator to value this scrap gold at £117.53 with current spot price. Will accept £115. If I have arrived at an incorrect value then please educate me as to why, as I don't usually deal in scrap precious metals.

Payment to me by BT preferred.

20240322_160441.thumb.jpg.3060a39c9c29b5f1bc1a07f1af98ce33.jpg

20240322_160236.thumb.jpg.b7d13e463c74474f2eb5e17d0af7d87b.jpg

20240322_160200.thumb.jpg.72938bc60940849e44d12afafd20a321.jpg

20240322_141735.thumb.jpg.a45082948de6a47dcd4dd6aa16a8e8be.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_161059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b54d91ba4aa3ad27368a6db2d6bd252.jpg

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

@stackerp5

I saw a closed thread of yours asking about scrap gold so I have tagged you on this mate.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Thank you @James32but I can't make the figures work for me personally.

Glws

Hey buddy,

Is my price "a crazy price"?

If your not miles away with your calculations gimme a shout. If not no worries I'm not in any kind of rush to sell this. Ive had it stored away at the back of a drawer for apx 10 years. It seems while gold is at ATH now is a good time to move it on.

Edited by jackflash123
Typo

Just now, Fenlander1 said:

I am sure there are others that are more suited to scrap gold from what I can tell the price is about right.

Ok thanks mate, I appreciate your reply 👍 

Glad I'm OK on the price too!

Just now, James32 said:

Isn't spot £126?

Yeah thats the spot price for gold covered lead bars I believe 😁

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Isn't spot £126?

Actually I thought you were being sarcastic. But now I get that you meant the spot price of my weight of scrap lol. Sometimes I read things too quickly lol 😆 

Edited by jackflash123
Typo

Yeah sorry mate I take that comment back 🙏

Just now, Fenlander1 said:

It's a good price for scrap but I only normally buy re-salable jewellery.

Yeah this is absolutely not something for resale unless you have a posse of magic elves who can turn this into something better.

The necklace has fallen apart into several pieces and I doubt could be mended, but then again you never know 🤔

If you get no joy, send it to Gerrards. You will end up close to what you are asking. Only problem is if gold goes down by the time it arrives, of cause the opposite if it goes up.

https://gerrardsbullion.com/sell/sell-gold-online/scrap-gold-prices/

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

5 minutes ago, Spyder said:

If you get no joy, send it to Gerrards. You will end up close to what you are asking. Only problem is if gold goes down by the time it arrives, of cause the opposite if it goes up.

https://gerrardsbullion.com/sell/sell-gold-online/scrap-gold-prices/

Thanks Spyder, really appreciate the recommendation 👍 

1 minute ago, Fenlander1 said:

@GodsMoneycheap scrap

Thanks for the tag pal that's awesome 👌 

• 5 weeks later...