• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Importing Experience.

Thank you for your informative post @NGMD

I was looking at the same products to order directly from the Perth Mint too 😂 but I decided to hold for now. 

This gives me confidence now when purchasing anything in future directly from the Perth Mint. 

100 times better than RM! 

How did you send money to them - bank transfers seem likely to get you shafted on the F/X rates.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

How did you send money to them - bank transfers seem likely to get you shafted on the F/X rates.

Same as you would with any dealer in the U.K.- debit, credit or transfer. 
I’m not smart enough to tell you the rate- just the complete cost overall.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

4 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

18 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Same as you would with any dealer in the U.K.- debit, credit or transfer. 
I’m not smart enough to tell you the rate- just the complete cost overall.

@NGMD great to know the costs associated with importing - thanks for the post sir. Lovely pieces of shiny👌🏽 

@Silverlocks you could always use Revolut or similar, exchange GBP to AUS$ and pay via bank transfer/ debit card if you worry about any hidden charges by the high street banks

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the Perth Mint. There are items on the website which says ‘restricted’ and you cannot buy, this is because Bullion products cannot be exported outside of Australia because of distributor agreements. I rang them up to ask the question because I wanted to buy the new Dragon 1oz Gold Bar in Assay.

It is also worth mentioning that on bigger purchases they require you to send (through a secure link) Driving License with name, address, signature and proof on your Banking Ap of the transaction to the Perth Mint. Obviously I thought that was dodgy, and rung them up to confirm.

Edited by NGMD

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024