• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

why are there two lunar rabits 2023 from australias perth mint?

LSilence

why are there two lunar rabits 2023 from australias perth mint?

I just noticed the year of the ____ series and how some have done absolutely great!  But I noticed this year there are two different versions, theres the series III but then theres another with a low mintage.

Why two? :)

You need to give more details or post some photos of the two versions, without this info it is  impossible to know what are you referring.

Series 3 of the lunars from Perth mint has one design for the silver coins regardless of the size 1/2 oz, 1oz, 2oz, 5oz, 1kilo or 10kilos. Perth has release the silver coins in  different quality's BU, proof, antique and colored, however the basic design specs is the same . 

PS: I hope you are not confusing the RAM (Royal Australian Mint) design with the Perth mint version

Edited by daca

On 31/10/2023 at 13:39, daca said:

You need to give more details or post some photos of the two versions, without this info it is  impossible to know what are you referring.

Series 3 of the lunars from Perth mint has one design for the silver coins regardless of the size 1/2 oz, 1oz, 2oz, 5oz, 1kilo or 10kilos. Perth has release the silver coins in  different quality's BU, proof, antique and colored, however the basic design specs is the same . 

PS: I hope you are not confusing the RAM (Royal Australian Mint) design with the Perth mint version

Tturns out I was, had no idea Australia had two mints that both offer legal tender.  so now im not sure if one is a private company that got a license to make legal tender coins (I think its this one) or if its just two different mints ran by the government, kinda like how canada has ottawa and Winnipeg and usa has san francisco, westpoint and Philly.

3 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

It's worth making clear that the Perth Mint is the more well known / popular of the Lunar coins and we are now on the 3rd Series.

Although the RAM has a Lunar Series, it is better known for the annual Kangaroo coins. 

and very nice kangaroos too!🫢😮