• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Franco Ducat 1700s

MrMidas

Hi there ,I have an opportunity to purchase a Franco ducat I think it’s Austrian after a little research but can not find a price to offer for it and the seller does not know what it’s worth any one have an idea? ,..it looks good condition if it is real 

IMG_2533.png

IMG_2532.png

IMG_2531.png

It seems to be a franc readers token ducat comes up when you Google it there are fakes of it but there is an original that is 1754 year I think it said and 3.5g of 9.8 purity gold but there was no value listed on it ,and yeah they were the second set of pics I did say try without the flash waiting for better ones now ,cheers for your thoughts anyway Booky 

I think it’s one of these though I have t seen it in person so going off the pictures I think she’s gona get it weighed  and tear if it’s gold be the next step hope it’s the gold one though but even if it was I can’t find any sort of price for that particular coin if it was the gold one ,..normally every coin has its own rough value but this one I can’t find any sources saying a price 

Ahh yeah cheers Booky I do look on Numista researching coins missed that one though ,that the price of the French replica one then I take it ?,..find out Friday when it’s weighed but what would the real gold one be worth is the question now 

Yeah ya all were right it sticks to a magnet anyway so red flags there ,..my cousin bought it off her son in law after he found it and a load of old penny’s on a house clearance ,..I told her to hang fire but she said she’d end up giving it them over the weeks anyway but yeah I was hoping it was a rare find for them ,I thought it was a Guinea at first with first pic they sent got there hopes up when I offered them 600 if it was a real one 😂