• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 3 Adequate cheap gillicks, free postage

2 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Bump just for the fact that’s a great photo 👍🏼

Cheers, messed around with some settings and actually didn't turn out too bad.

Sounds more grand than it was, just put them on top of my black powerbsnk and shot at x3 magnification 

16 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Cheers, messed around with some settings and actually didn't turn out too bad.

Sounds more grand than it was, just put them on top of my black powerbsnk and shot at x3 magnification 

Not bad lighting, although the magnification is probably not optical, but digital scaling of the photos.  You can see it looks a bit soft.  Having said that, photos of this standard put you in the 90th percentile of online sellers, so you're doing pretty well.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

39 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Not bad lighting, although the magnification is probably not optical, but digital scaling of the photos.  You can see it looks a bit soft.  Having said that, photos of this standard put you in the 90th percentile of online sellers, so you're doing pretty well.

Thanks, I'm OK with landscapes and I've got a few decent wildlife pictures however until this I've never taken so much as a half decent shot of a coin.

19 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Thanks, I'm OK with landscapes and I've got a few decent wildlife pictures however until this I've never taken so much as a half decent shot of a coin.

I just started about a year or so ago with my phone, and I just got a camera about 6 months or so ago.  It has a basic macro lens - a Sony A6400 with Sony's 30mm F3.5 macro lens.  This has very high definition - usually it will produce pictures of sovs about 1,200 pixels across or so without hardware scaling, depending on the distance.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

• 4 weeks later...