• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Foreign 90% Junk Silver

Hi, I'm quite new to silver coin collecting but have a large collection of pre decimal British silver coins, some are 92.5% silver others are 50% silver, I've also recently picked up a few American junk/constitutional silver coins. But as a newbie I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any other foreign junk silver, ideally at least 50% silver, I've searched online but it's difficult as not showing images or much detail about the coins. Does anyone here have any favourite foreign junk silver coins or able to recommend any I should check out or should I just stick with British and American ones as they clearly seem by far the most popular?

Nice one. There are many possibilities for collecting old currency, most of which was over 60% silver before 1950. You could narrow down by country or size for example. Sometimes you find bundles of world silver currency coins with a variety of coins from many countries. Mostly these include Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Italy, Mexico, America and Canada, but I have encountered coins from dozens of countries in these bundles, some of which no longer exist. It's a great experience to sift through it all, find out about the coins and imagine the journeys they have all been on. 

Edited by arphethean

On 31/08/2023 at 20:41, LongJonsSilverStack said:

Hi, I'm quite new to silver coin collecting but have a large collection of pre decimal British silver coins, some are 92.5% silver others are 50% silver, I've also recently picked up a few American junk/constitutional silver coins. But as a newbie I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any other foreign junk silver, ideally at least 50% silver, I've searched online but it's difficult as not showing images or much detail about the coins. Does anyone here have any favourite foreign junk silver coins or able to recommend any I should check out or should I just stick with British and American ones as they clearly seem by far the most popular?

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/dm-gedenkmuenzen/?stkl=7

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/maria-theresien-taler/?stkl=23,39

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/schilling-oesterreich/?stkl=10,4

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/silberadler/?stkl=7

Just click on the weight tab and you will get the best prices for the coin ...

Edited by Chronos