• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Now is the time to buy gold and silver (IMHO)

24 minutes ago, WulfrunCoins said:

You got all bases covered; Gold, silver, tin, etc.

What's the most exotic metal you have?

(BTW Your avatar - It's from a film?)

Na just a hoarder of metal, it drives the missus nuts.

2 minutes ago, WulfrunCoins said:

Man I'm getting old; 2005 seems like a life time away 😥

It was the last time I laughed at the telly.

On 26/07/2023 at 12:14, WulfrunCoins said:

I collect silver coins, but I also trade silver mining companies and ETFs via the stock market

How do you find the price of investing in a silver mine as to just investing into actual silver varies then?

On 26/07/2023 at 12:21, WulfrunCoins said:

BUT, it's main purpose is wealth preservation and a financial exchange. The first known coins containing gold were struck in Lydia, Asia Minor, around 600 BC.

I think the wealth of gold can be traced back to the amanarki gods 

On 26/07/2023 at 12:21, WulfrunCoins said:

It's purchased by governments, central banks, financial institutions and private investors, gold is used as a physical store of wealth. The rarity of gold has helped maintain its value throughout the ages.

There was somewhere where I read that gold silver and copper is actual money in law, where fiat currency is no more then a  negotiable instrument

On 26/07/2023 at 19:19, Bigmarc said:

You got me all excited and disappointed in the same quote. 

My tin stack 

IMG_20220720_090919131.thumb.jpg.805d45d23bff6346b13e1848ae170db5.jpg

I thought it was just me who had some tin in the stack!

It's nice to see someone else who appreciates other metals.

I've only got 1kg of tin though. I also have a kg of a runny metal in my stack. I don't play with that one though.

18 hours ago, goldrush said:

There was somewhere where I read that gold silver and copper is actual money in law, where fiat currency is no more then a  negotiable instrument

I think everyone on this forum agrees that gold, silver, & copper is REAL money

But, unfortunately everyone outside of this forum think's fiat currency & debt is money

It's hard to explain to normies the difference between money & currency (I don't bother anymore); Let them eat DEBT!

18 hours ago, goldrush said:

How do you find the price of investing in a silver mine as to just investing into actual silver varies then?

It mimics it pretty well, i.e. silver price goes up, Fresnillo Plc share price goes up, and vice versa

We're you can disconnect, is if the company has really good results, it's goes well beyond the spot price of silver increase

However, if company has bad results (like Barrick Gold did last year), losses get amplified

That's why I buy ETFs to avoid the shock I received from Barrick Gold last year

Plus, buying & selling via stock market is so much easier than buying physical silver (Actually buying is easy, selling silver is hassle)

Edited by WulfrunCoins

On 28/07/2023 at 20:55, WulfrunCoins said:

I think everyone on this forum agrees that gold, silver, & copper is REAL money

But, unfortunately everyone outside of this forum think's fiat currency & debt is money

It's hard to explain to normies the difference between money & currency (I don't bother anymore); Let them eat DEBT!

No! I was thinking more in law then in real logic

On 28/07/2023 at 21:07, WulfrunCoins said:

It mimics it pretty well, i.e. silver price goes up, Fresnillo Plc share price goes up, and vice versa

We're you can disconnect, is if the company has really good results, it's goes well beyond the spot price of silver increase

However, if company has bad results (like Barrick Gold did last year), losses get amplified

That's why I buy ETFs to avoid the shock I received from Barrick Gold last year

Plus, buying & selling via stock market is so much easier than buying physical silver (Actually buying is easy, selling silver is hassle)

do you buy into a basket of shares or just particular companies?

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2023 at 05:27, goldrush said:

do you buy into a basket of shares or just particular companies?

Both, sometimes individual companies like Barrick Gold, Rio Tinto, Antofagasta, Fresnillo plc, etc.

Other times I don't want the headache of watching price of individual companies, so buy into an ETF like WisdomTree Physical Gold (PHGP):

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/w/wisdomtree-physical-gold-gbp

Or, Investment Trust like BlackRock World Mining Trust plc (BRWM):

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/b/blackrock-world-mining-ordinary-5p