• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

are scrap silver coins best price to spot price

22 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Don’t get confused by a store of value and a means of exchange. As has been said above the best means of exchange is cash. 

But what about when cash is gone? or you think it will be ok do you as our politicians have got it all sorted out for us and there will be no crash

16 hours ago, sixgun said:

16 hours ago, sixgun said:

If you want to get some barter silver for that then small silver is key - an ounce might buy you a week's shopping so better have smaller units.
If needs to be recognisable. 99% of cat owners don't have a clue at the moment - they would not be able to recognise silver so it is doubtful you would be bartering with the NPC zombies. i expect you would trade your silver for hyperinflated cash and then spend that (quickly). So as stated cash is the easiest way to buy and sell, even if it is inflating away.

As a slight aside, the odd chopped up bits of silver which some might sell as barter silver are of doubtful use - people will want to see a proper coin - with proper marks they can check and identify, not an odd shaped blob. 

Yes get out of large amounts of cash and into assets that hold value in Mad Max times - foods that last a long time - things people need or think they need which are portible and smaller sized. They might be more useful that silver coins the majority don't recognise and potentially won't value - remember, silver will only be worth as much as the guy you are selling to thinks it is. Brokers, the LSE etc etc are smoke by that time. 

i am not sure Farage lost his bank b/c of CBDC's. There is too much BS in the media - it is the controlled media which always lies.

I am actully planning on opening a private members club at the end of this year and introducing some of this scrap silver as a currency 

15 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Yeah agree with all of the above. If you want to be shtf proof get a food garden before silver. But if you want silver get it recognised and small (Ie more expensive). I don’t buy silver less than 1oz and preferably not less than 1kg as it’s just so expensive. Not going to do any good for a post apocalyptic kebab…
and have you seen the price of lentils recently?.. and I hate lentils… but I’ve got 5kg tins. If you are outside the uk there’s another useful heavy metal to stack btw. 

I all ready have 3 months worth of stock! I have heared of a few growing projects but sadly they all turned in to BS! 

Will be investing in an air riffle soon though

14 hours ago, sixgun said:

Well he could buy old UK coinage for barter purposes. It comes up now and again on the forum. You have small bite sized pieces. 
i am a fan of the 1 kilo - i do wonder if silver shoots up whether 1 kilo chunks become too pricey.

Do I have to just watch the "UK silver for sale" section or something to view whats for sale. what type of weigh coins do you think i could find? 

1 Kilo chunks?? are these bars or something?

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Why do us Britt's have an unhealthy fascination with baked beans? Apparently we eat more than the rest of the world combined (probably b/s). 

What is unhealthy about baked beans?

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

@goldrush pre 1947 coins with enough effort go for spot on eBay quiet regularly. Pre 1920s may have a bit of a premium but still relatively cheap compared to everything else on the market. These are ideal if all you are looking for is a small exposure to the physical silver market and the use to be money so easily recognised. 

Please don't bellyflop in because of a handful of vids tell you to, just start buying a few bits up slowly just to see if it's your thing or not. 

Why this age range?

1 hour ago, goldrush said:

I all ready have 3 months worth of stock! I have heared of a few growing projects but sadly they all turned in to BS! 

Will be investing in an air riffle soon though

you might also think about a crossbow.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, goldrush said:

What is unhealthy about baked beans?

The obsession with them. You are new here but it seems to be a thing that everything is compared to the price of a tin of beans on the forum.

3 hours ago, goldrush said:

Why this age range?

Sterling silver up to 1920 and 50% after. 

Couple of sold listings on eBay from yesterday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175817295576?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=teZvN5X0R3C&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=oa7vkurwsmm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155665046570?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CwEPXHakTHa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=oa7vkurwsmm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

23 hours ago, sixgun said:

you might also think about a crossbow.

and keep it hidden behind the door for when that day comes that the police come to take away the children for what ever BS excuse is next on the agenda

21 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

The obsession with them. You are new here but it seems to be a thing that everything is compared to the price of a tin of beans on the forum.

A lot of people have stocked up with baked beans. Though there are about 20 types of tinned bean in the supermarket that I dont know why so narrow minded

21 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

WooEee my favorate scam hoax site of all (what a bs little site). and sold at about 20 times the price of scrap silver

Edited by goldrush

15 minutes ago, goldrush said:

WooEee my favorate scam hoax site of all (what a bs little site). and sold at about 20 times the price of scrap silver

Give it a try. You will get exactly what you are looking for at the price you want it. 

On 20/07/2023 at 02:28, Bigmarc said:

Give it a try. You will get exactly what you are looking for at the price you want it. 

but I want scrap coins not coins with value and certainly not off of ebay

44 minutes ago, goldrush said:

but I want scrap coins not coins with value and certainly not off of ebay

I have literally done it 100s of times, I am trying to help you get your scrap coins. 

Why are people who are awake in the middle of the night such bloody loons?

😘Hey @sixgun

Hi

@goldrush

I need to mention kinesis.money which is tokenised 1:1 gold and silver. You can take peer to peer payments via the app, it's designed so an individual/business can use it to exit the fiat world, I can accept payment in physical gold/silver. If you're on WisdomTree then I suggest look into kinesis as superior alternative because kinesis has zero storage fee (transaction fee instead), low min redemption amounts, the gold and silver is tradable in six decimal places, it's better than any alternative in the space. It replaces that part of your use of gold and silver completely.

It doesn't replace the need for some gold and silver in your home, but Kinesis should feature heavily in your thinking about barter, kinesis is just the app people will use to trade/make purchases in gold and silver going forward no matter what scenario you're planning for.

Kinesis does require you to pay CGT but not VAT, but then I believe CGT is a distraction since the amounts you need to own and the silver price increase needed to even make you eligible for CGT makes it not a real concern for most people. 

For planning my gold and silver uses I have split strategies 1. SHTF and 2. TEOTWAWKI, meaning SHTF is an omni crisis but the lights stay on, and TEOTWAWKI is so bad the lights are off. 

1) SHTF I have two solutions which are kinesis and the silver coins in my home. I've used this forum to obtain plenty of pre1947 and pre1920 for barter. (I also have a food source separate to the shops), but I expect to use kinesis to buy and sell everything. 

2) for TEOTWAWKI  my strategy is simple, I have enough gold coins to pay bribes needed to get my family out of the country.

I am happy to take a discussion about kinesis offline if needed.

2 hours ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

😘Hey @sixgun

Are you on the Kinesis forum?
i remember you have mentioned Kinesis on TSF before. There are a few Kinesis users on the forum. Things aren't quite there where i would personally push it more than my own occassional comment. We need personal banking and widespread physical cards to click in.
For sure Kinesis should be part of a precious metal stackers armory.

There is a trick (Uchiki suggested) to get round CGT if you tokenise UK gold coins in Kinesis. If you say tokenised say 50 sovereigns you'd be 50 x 7.32g = 366 KAU. The coins are held inside the Kinesis Monetary System in your name and you can use the KAU within limits and timeframes. The gold held is as UK coinage - the coins always remain yours unless of course you go and spend all the KAU's and don't top them up with cash / crypto. As the gold is UK coins there would be no CGT for UK tax residents.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I have literally done it 100s of times, I am trying to help you get your scrap coins. 

Lack of sunlight and a decent nights sleep.

22 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

But they are not scrap coins are they

1. they are of good quality

2. they are about 10/ 20 times the spot price

18 hours ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

😘Hey @sixgun

Hi

@goldrush

I need to mention kinesis.money which is tokenised 1:1 gold and silver. You can take peer to peer payments via the app, it's designed so an individual/business can use it to exit the fiat world, I can accept payment in physical gold/silver. If you're on WisdomTree then I suggest look into kinesis as superior alternative because kinesis has zero storage fee (transaction fee instead), low min redemption amounts, the gold and silver is tradable in six decimal places, it's better than any alternative in the space. It replaces that part of your use of gold and silver completely.

so where do i find out  and where do I buy kinesis?

Hi, @goldrush.

Any physical silver you can accumulate close to spot price is good. Coins, flatware, any fully functional hallmarked silver object is good, in any purity. They will keep in time the intrinsic value and when the time will come you will be able to sell them quick at least at spot, but very likely with a little premium if you have patience.

For circulated coins, don't be fussed about purity or condition. Can be from mexican pesos .100 silver to any .925. Can be even commemorative sterling silver coins, plenty to find at spot. You can find very often in bulk on forum .500 silver Pre47 UK coins at spot. These are a very good option for buying silver for weight.

Buy any functional silver object if the hallmark is clear. Can be any country, from continental .800 to .925 if you can read and identify the marks.  For beginning, I would advise you to buy british flatware, easy to understand the hallmarks. If you have any doubts about, ask on forum and the answers will come quickly.

* Stay away from rare/scarce dates of well known old coins, there are many fakes on Ebay from Alibaba.

* Check individually all your coins you add on your stack. If you have any doubts, ask on forum.

* If you are not sure about something, stay away, even the price is too good. 

Another very good option to accumulate quick silver at a good price is to upgrade your membership to premium and you will be able to find good bargains on forum from established members, for example kilo bars .999 silver at only 12.5% premium posted SD. I know, sounds incredible, but it is 100% true. At the moment, there are few bars available at £685 plus post. Can't go wrong at this price, isn't it? (The cheapest kilo bar at dealers is @£785).

Any questions, just ask. This friendly community will give you always a good advice.

Cheers!

Stefan.

7 hours ago, goldrush said:

so where do i find out  and where do I buy kinesis?

The website is Kinesis.money 

The kinesis community forum has an intro page https://forum.kinesis.money/threads/newbies-start-here.285/

23 hours ago, sixgun said:

There is a trick (Uchiki suggested) to get round CGT if you tokenise UK gold coins in Kinesis. If you say tokenised say 50 sovereigns you'd be 50 x 7.32g = 366 KAU. The coins are held inside the Kinesis Monetary System in your name and you can use the KAU within limits and timeframes. The gold held is as UK coinage - the coins always remain yours unless of course you go and spend all the KAU's and don't top them up with cash / crypto. As the gold is UK coins there would be no CGT for UK tax residents.

That's a great idea to use that method. If cgt becomes a concern then I'll definitely do that. 

14 hours ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

The website is Kinesis.money 

The kinesis community forum has an intro page https://forum.kinesis.money/threads/newbies-start-here.285/

That's a great idea to use that method. If cgt becomes a concern then I'll definitely do that. 

So where is the silver actully held?

On 23/07/2023 at 00:14, goldrush said:

So where is the silver actully held?

There's over a dozen vaults internationally. The recent audit pdf summary page says "15 vaults in 13 cities:

London – New York – Toronto – Sydney – Brisbane – Dubai – Hong Kong – Istanbul – Vaduz – Panama City – Zurich – Batam – Singapore" 

https://kinesis.money/audits/