• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HGM offering NEW gold sovereigns?

Stu

If you pop over to HGM website you will see that they currently have 20 new gold sovereigns 2017 for sale, £235 each Is this a departure from their current model and branching into new coins or have they sourced independently and seen a margin. The fact that there is only 20 makes me think the later. An update from @HGM would be nice! Any thoughts in the mean time as HGM is obviously closed over the weekend. That said they only appeared on site in the past hour or so?

Incidently, they are more expensive than Bairds where postage is not considered!

Further edit, if they have bought from a private individual they are not not new and should not be listed as so. I honk Atties stick religiously to this rule regardless of age or condition?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

They're from the mint and have been received in tubes.

Do new half sovereigns not come in tubes? 

That was something I was thinking last night 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

Do new half sovereigns not come in tubes? 

That was something I was thinking last night 

No idea. I would think so though; not individually capped or blistered so will almost certainly be in tubes.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

No idea. I would think so though; not individually capped or blistered so will almost certainly be in tubes.

I was mildly contemplating a tube of half 2017's but I couldn't see them for sale anywhere on the RM bullion site (not that I would buy from there) or on Atkinsons so I thought maybe they don't come in tubes

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

are the new ones the same as the full, with the 200 privy? I haven't seen any yet.

Yep with the privy, they're say they're on pre-order at Atkinsons https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins/2017-uk-half-sovereign-gold-coin

Yes 2017 hall sovs, pre order for the desparados 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/2017-gold-coins/2017-uk-half-sovereign-gold-coin

always think it is a sad state of affairs where folks get "excited" over a "privy mark"

Unless it's a historically important t document from centuries past, but. Hope you know where I am coming from

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes 2017 hall sovs, pre order for the desparados 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/2017-gold-coins/2017-uk-half-sovereign-gold-coin

always think it is a sad state of affairs where folks get "excited" over a "privy mark"

Unless it's a historically important t document from centuries past, but. Hope you know where I am coming from

I'm just thinking of putting some more savings into gold bullion and if the bullion comes with some potential upside via a privy, all the better

They are about £10 each over a general bullion sovereign though so hmm 

Just pie in the sky thinking anyway atm, no firm plans or wishes 

If I was buying bulk bullion atm I would be stacking the 2017 full sovs. Hope they will realise a higher price than standard. Over the next 5 yeArs Inthink any gold will be a superb investment but only this time will tell. @ChrisSilver is there any way to time stamp this prediction and bring it to the fore in 5 yeas time? 

Edit: ignore I will check myself.

Archived