• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 8 John Pinches Kings and Queens Ingots £299 Freepost 526 grams

• FriedrichVonHayek changed the title to 8 John Pinches Kings and Queens Ingots £299 Freepost 526 grams

Sorry for what is definitely going to be a silly/total beginner question.

Is there any difference to these than buying a cast/minted bar?  Or is it just a case of silver is silver?

I'm just really starting out, would these be a good option for me?

Cheers,

Chris.

2 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Sorry for what is definitely going to be a silly/total beginner question.

Is there any difference to these than buying a cast/minted bar?  Or is it just a case of silver is silver?

I'm just really starting out, would these be a good option for me?

Cheers,

Chris.

It depends on your strategy, in my opinion buying Silver as close to Spot Price is the best way to go.

Other people like Coins and Bars and are willing to pay the 20% VAT.

Buying Silver Britannias are worth it if Silver goes to the moon as they are CGT exempt.

3 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Does that make any difference for a potential "stacker" (which is what it looks like I will be.)

Generally do people tend to stick to fine??

Again , apologies for the questions.

It depends on the individual, Sterling Silver in my opinion is better value for money.

Here I'm selling 526g of Sterling which is 486.55 grams of pure Silver.

Now a similar amount from a Bullion dealer in Coin form would be around 15.5 ounces which would cost around £428 for Britannia's from Atkinson's.

You could buy the same coins on the Forum a bit cheaper possibly around £385.

Obviously you get far more Silver for your money if you buy my bars for £299😷.

22 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Does that make any difference for a potential "stacker" (which is what it looks like I will be.)

Generally do people tend to stick to fine??

Again , apologies for the questions.

I've just seen you saying on another thread that you'd like to touch your silver, these bar's are right up your street then. Cheap and can be handled, worst case scenario, they can be cleaned in a few years if needed. Just hold long enough until spot price increases and your outlay will take care of itself. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I've just seen you saying on another thread that you'd like to touch your silver, these bar's are right up your street then. Cheap and can be handled, worst case scenario, they can be cleaned in a few years if needed. Just hold long enough until spot price increases and your outlay will take care of itself. 

That makes a lot of sense, never thought of it that way, thank you!

Can I take these please?

4 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Will message you,,, just trying to figure out how.

Just click on his profile pic, then you will see private message at the top right

Screenshot_20230519_223604_Chrome.jpg

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, chris2982 said:

Thanks James,, we got there in the end.

King James helped me with my first purchase and here I am 10 months later will an addiction to PMs and an empty bank account! 

Enjoy your purchase. You won't regret it! :) 

55 minutes ago, katyc said:

(I say first purchase, but I have actually badgered him for advice several times since. Sorry James! 😬)

Gotta give him his props here. Although he's previously mocked my manicured nails and thinks I'm a Karen, he's been very generous with his time and helped me too. I'm sure many of us can say the same. Of course, this doesn't mean I like him. Integrity, honesty and a willingness to help ain't all that so don't get a fat head, James. 

• 4 weeks later...