• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Proof Britannia gold coin

I know that not everyone likes or liked this coin when it was released and Also myself is not quite sure what to expect when I can see the coin in real life! I ordered the 1/4oz gold and platinum like a month ago and just got the email from RM saying that

it will be delivered in 2 days time. I am looking forward to it. Once I see them I will decide what to do with them. the platinum had very low mintage number 200. Has anyone else bought any of these coin and got the email?

If somebody is interested I can share pictures when it is arrived!

Received the Platinum version today. Obverse is  badly pitted so I will be returning it, hope yours turns up in better condition.

In fact I have had a very poor run of defective coins from the Royal Mint.

As well as the Pt Brit I have returned the following in the last week.

Memorial sovereign 5 coin set, which was a replacement for a previous set, it was clearly someone elses return.

The Petition crown both the 2oz gold and silver sets.

47 minutes ago, Falcon1985 said:

I have not seen any photos yet thanks! It looks great indeed! Did you buy only 1/4 oz gold?

Yes. Even if I could afford it, a multi-buy would involve too much stress & bother, what with all the QC uncertainty issues, as being experienced by goldhunter for example, plus sleepless nights worrying about grading. So far I’ve been lucky and not had to return anything. I only buy to collect. Will probably get a Coronation sovereign though…..

Once again, Good-luck.

10 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Yes. Even if I could afford it, a multi-buy would involve too much stress & bother, what with all the QC uncertainty issues, as being experienced by goldhunter for example, plus sleepless nights worrying about grading. So far I’ve been lucky and not had to return anything. I only buy to collect. Will probably get a Coronation sovereign though…..

Once again, Good-luck.

Yes Because of their quality issues It is always a bit of gamble to order anything. Fortunately you can return them back if they are proof coins! Well I hope that I will be lucky with these coins. I am also looking forward to the coronation sovereigns.

11 hours ago, goldhunter said:

Received the Platinum version today. Obverse is  badly pitted so I will be returning it, hope yours turns up in better condition.

In fact I have had a very poor run of defective coins from the Royal Mint.

As well as the Pt Brit I have returned the following in the last week.

Memorial sovereign 5 coin set, which was a replacement for a previous set, it was clearly someone elses return.

The Petition crown both the 2oz gold and silver sets.

Yeah it is a bit of headache indeed! I will see how my platinum coin will arrive tomorrow!🙃

On 06/04/2023 at 20:51, Britannia47 said:

Hope you get a good one.  Mine looks fine, as you can see from avatar.  In case you haven’t seen photos already posted elsewhere, here’s a couple….

AE5A7E1E-1CA4-45D7-8899-46E90E3C4D5B.jpeg

78C867DB-1F23-478C-9F28-483B6C3A9899.jpeg

I decided to send back mine cos of black dots around the chest of the horse! i did not ask for replacement! I will decide later they still have them in stock!

I keep hearing about this sort of thing just lately.  Neing quite new to stacking, has this been a long standing issue? It doesn't seem like the Royal Mint cares about its reputation?  I always assumed it was one of the best in the world?

55 minutes ago, Jaycee said:

I keep hearing about this sort of thing just lately.  Neing quite new to stacking, has this been a long standing issue? It doesn't seem like the Royal Mint cares about its reputation?  I always assumed it was one of the best in the world?

I see the Royal Mint as having taken over were British Leyland left off, good designs but poor quality.

I urge everyone to return poor quality coins for replacement or refund, eventually RM will get the message, maybe not in our lifetimes but future generations will benefit.