• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

36 Euro Coin Collection

BitsandBobs

Hello, Wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on this, It's a 36 euro coin collection, There are 25 Silver proof coins purity ranging between 900/999 and 11 base metal coins, Each coin has its own certificate, The set was made by Westminster,

Basically I am asking if anyone knows what this was originally on sale for and what you think it's value is now ?

I can't find any information on this set anywhere,

20230119_110138.jpg

1 hour ago, BitsandBobs said:

Hello, Wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on this, It's a 36 euro coin collection, There are 25 Silver proof coins purity ranging between 900/999 and 11 base metal coins, Each coin has its own certificate, The set was made by Westminster,

Basically I am asking if anyone knows what this was originally on sale for and what you think it's value is now ?

20230119_110138.jpg

1 hour ago, KevjustKev said:

Could well be a non government mint. These are a 'special' mintage and 'collectors items'. Designed to lure in those who know very little about, in the case, silver. If you can pick one on these up for a little over spot, go for it. Just MVHO

If they are "Euro coins", then the certificates will or should tell you, and it is a near certainty that Westminster did not make it or them, because they would not wish to be accused or convicted of counterfeiting.

Westminster are a "Coin Marketing Company".

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

If they are "Euro coins", then the certificates will or should tell you, and it is a near certainty that Westminster did not make it or them, because they would not wish to be accused or convicted of counterfeiting.

Westminster are a "Coin Marketing Company".

😎

I don't think the coins was actually made by Westminster, But they are the company that has put the set together, I just can't find any information on this particular Euro coin set, So not sure how much it would be worth, I have seen lot's of the coins in this set being sold individually but not as a set,

This is 2 certificates from the set,

20230119_141433.jpg

Edited by BitsandBobs
Add more information

32 minutes ago, BitsandBobs said:

I don't think the coins was actually made by Westminster, But they are the company that has put the set together, I just can't find any information on this particular Euro coin set, So not sure how much it would be worth, I have seen lot's of the coins in this set being sold individually but not as a set,

This is 2 certificates from the set,

20230119_141433.jpg

I can't read them because I have now got a crick in my neck!

😎

Chards

16 hours ago, BitsandBobs said:

Personally I don't expect that coins like this would have any particular resale value over the value of silver contained in them. Of course Westminster most likely marketed the set originally as something very valuable and asked excessive money for it but that is irrelevant for you now. And so if you know that coins sell individually, do they sell with any premium?

21 hours ago, BitsandBobs said:

20230119_110138.jpg

Hi.

As a collection will not sell well, the customers willing to have them as a mixed set silver/base metals are very few only.

I would suggest you to forget about box, sell on Ebay for £1-£2/each those 11 base metals coins and focus on what do you have silver.

Those 25 coins .900 and .999 silver are not very sought after in UK, but a premium of 10%-20% on them it is achievable.

So, there are 25 coins, with an average price of @£15/each and 11 coins for @£1/each.

The estimated value of your set is @£375-£400.

I think....

Look, on Ebay sold (in US) a coin 1 euro 1999 France - Europa (22.2g, 900/1000 silver) for 21 dollars in November. There are another similar coins for sale on Ebay priced higher, but are not selling, so I think their real value is @£15/each in UK.

Good luck!🤗

5 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

Personally I don't expect that coins like this would have any particular resale value over the value of silver contained in them. Of course Westminster most likely marketed the set originally as something very valuable and asked excessive money for it but that is irrelevant for you now. And so if you know that coins sell individually, do they sell with any premium?

Selling the coins is not a problem for me, I already have some good interest and offers for individual coins, I just didn't want to brake the set up only to find out it was worth more as a complete set, This was why I made the post to see if anyone knows the price the set was originally selling for and what it maybe worth now,

There are coin collectors out there who go for the coins they like or for a collection they are making, Not Just for the precious metal the coin is made from,

As a example

Finland Ballooning coin is not silver but i have been offered £10 

The silver Europa coins i have been offered £20 each

Selling the coins is not a problem, Just didn't want to brake the set up if it was going to be worth more as a complete set,