• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1999 Y2K privy Britannia silver coin

Gypsy

The Y2K privy coin is not actually issued as a normal Britannia and is a 1999 coin. There was a series of coins issued, all 1oz coins each with the privy mark. The set included coins from here, the USA, China, Liberia, Australia and Canada. Britannia, Panda , Maple etc. The Liberia one had the Y2K on the coin itself, not as a privy mark. Numbers were about 10,000 each, other than the Maple, believed to be 5,000 and the Liberia 2,000. It appears that the Panda and the Britannia are the hardest to source.

24 minutes ago, Petra said:

The Y2K privy coin is not actually issued as a normal Britannia and is a 1999 coin. There was a series of coins issued, all 1oz coins each with the privy mark. The set included coins from here, the USA, China, Liberia, Australia and Canada. Britannia, Panda , Maple etc. The Liberia one had the Y2K on the coin itself, not as a privy mark. Numbers were about 10,000 each, other than the Maple, believed to be 5,000 and the Liberia 2,000. It appears that the Panda and the Britannia are the hardest to source.

Sorry. My mistake. I meant 1999

• Gypsy changed the title to 1999 Y2K privy Britannia silver coin
27 minutes ago, Petra said:

I was also looking at the  2011 matte Britannia. Read that this coin had production issues at the mint.

Is this difficult to source?

7 hours ago, Gypsy said:

I was also looking at the  2011 matte Britannia. Read that this coin had production issues at the mint.

Is this difficult to source?

Only 2,337 matte ones were produced and were all bought by an American company and graded. Around 800 were graded MS70.

7 hours ago, Petra said:

Only 2,337 matte ones were produced and were all bought by an American company and graded. Around 800 were graded MS70.

Thanks @petra I have developed an interest in Britannia’s and trying to do some research. The other one is the pig privy. This is also very rare. 
Really interesting facts regarding Britannias. Never knew how difficult these can be to source 

15 hours ago, Petra said:

Have you ever  come across the panda and Britannia y2k for sale?  

1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

These two are two of the rarer ones. No good at doing links, however if you type in ‘Britannia UK-The Complete Silver Rounds Guide’ should get you to an excellent resource for Britannias, best I have found.

1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

8 minutes ago, Petra said:

These two are two of the rarer ones. No good at doing links, however if you type in ‘Britannia UK-The Complete Silver Rounds Guide’ should get you to an excellent resource for Britannias, best I have found.

Thank you petra will spend some time on this site. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived