• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A Quick Hello

Shackett21

Hello everyone.

I've been interested in collecting silver for a good few years and have finally bit the bullet and bought a few coins. Now I reckon I've caught the bug, endless hours have been spent on youtube and browsing the internet and being baffled by all the information that's freely available. From what I've seen on this forum you guys seem very helpful and switched on so I'm looking forward to becoming a member of this community and doing a bit of buying here to add to my collection. 

I've watched a few videos on flipping rolls of coins for profit, is it really as easy as it looks? I plan on doing a bit of research and giving it a go. Hopefully it will help fund my collection as I'd plan to keep a few coins from each roll and if it ends up being profitable it would add a hell of a lot of fun to collecting!

Hello and welcome. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by taking your time and seeking out information before making any large commitments to precious metals. As far as flipping coins go I cant say too much as I am still in the accumulation/holding stage. One suggestion though would be if buying rolls , Perth Mint presumably, is to buy 21/ 22. This would leave you a full roll to keep intact and later"flip" and you would have odd ones for your collection to look at. Personally I am not really interested in "collecting coins". With a full roll you can sell entirely or as half, quarter or individually as required, buyers on the secondary market still like to buy mint sealed where possible. Think about the cost involved in reselling your coins through various platforms and take these into account. Use eBay sold listings and the sales section in this forum as a guide. Keep,in mind sellers fees, post and packaging costs. 

Lastly, there is a wealth of information already here on the forum if you have the time to search. Poular new releases will have their own threads and discussed to the hilt, take the new release, first in series, Queen's Beast from the Royal Mint as an example. Hope this helps. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived