• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to stacking

zombie scrapper

So hello everyone, newb here and just thought I'd chime in my 1 oz worth so to speak lol. So I've been collecting scrap silver I've been finding at local thrift stores for next to nothing which I get a great thrill from as well as silver contacts from appliances I scrap as I'm also into scrapping for metals, (copper,silver, and gold from Ewaste electronics) I've been searching around trying the regular places to try and find silver to start collecting and everywhere always wanted way over spot plus shipping was an absolute joke until I googled silver sales in a city I frequent a lot as I drive truck. Turns out there was a couple of bbb accredited businesses that sell silver rounds and bars at just over spot! So tday I bought my first generic .999 Buffalo and am pretty happy. Paid 3.00 cnd over spot meh? But found a quarter in the parking lot lol so 2.75 over. Still happy. No shipping or hidden fees. There's another ill try that sells sunshine rounds at spot + 5% which is better but just wanted to chime in as I am fairly pleased. Fun hobby for sure and I love silver. 3b4c5443e248aeb06a55aff6650a65d3.jpg838de6cea2589c5443a5603587d2f319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah, as long as it's .999 or finer it's tax exempt but anything else is taxable. Was glad to find these spots because even my own bank charged 8.00 over spot :/ go figure, banks and gov bleeding you dry for as much as they can. Anyway hoping to build it up fast as I'll be using a lot of the $$ I get from the copper I scrap and purchasing more silver with it. :)

Welcome aboard, i too scrap metals and convert to silver and when a good haul half a sovereign.It is very satisfying turning free trash into treasure.

I have two buckets one copper and one brass, i am tempted just to keep these and stack them as part of my metal stacking for my retirement,but every time i get  a load a weigh it in and buy something shiney.

Non of my yards take boards or small copper bearing motors like you guys get over there. Also my yard still wont take steel shred only for free.

Welcome aboard, i too scrap metals and convert to silver and when a good haul half a sovereign.It is very satisfying turning free trash into treasure.

I have two buckets one copper and one brass, i am tempted just to keep these and stack them as part of my metal stacking for my retirement,but every time i get  a load a weigh it in and buy something shiney.

Non of my yards take boards or small copper bearing motors like you guys get over there. Also my yard still wont take steel shred only for free.

Hello, ya I don't even bother with steel as I can only get 15-20$ a ton for it with a min of 500 lbs before they'll even look at me and the scrap yard for steel is an hour away. Doesn't even pay for the gas and no room for anything else lol so I give it to a steel scrapper that takes it for free just blocks from my house. I have roughly 500lbs of copper at the moment ready to cash in and get some more beautiful silver. I also sell the aluminum I collect and stainless but as far as boards go, nobody here will take them either, so I depopulate them and refine the gold bearing material myself. I have about 150 boards to do here in the near future so should get a bit of gold out of it with all the pins, and chips to process. It's definitely a fun hobby and the treasure aspect is a real kick. I love looking at all that shiney stuff lol :)

I went through a stage of collecting all the gold pins ect, but i dont want to refine them so i sold them on E-bay i only got a pound for them waste of time, I have stoped collecting steel .I keep the non-ferrous stuff and Car batteries, Motors from washing machines and vacumes that sort of thing.

Nice to have another guy into the same thing as me ,welcome to the forum.

Archived