• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Capsules for Royal Mint 40mm £100 silver coins?

paulmerton

Does anyone know what size capsule would fit a Royal Mint £100 silver coin?

This is the type of coin I mean: https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/denomination/trafalgar-square-2016-uk-100-pound-fine-silver-coin/

They are 40mm in diameter, but slightly over 2oz in weight so they are too thick for regular 40mm capsules. Needs something kind of like a Queen's Beast capsule, but with a 40mm diameter. Does such a capsule exist?

Hi Paul
Not sure what capsule you would need im afraid, but dropping you a web link in a PM (not sure if we can put random business websites up here, happy to amend the post if we are). I have no vested interest in this company, but it's one i've used for capsules for my own stack

Just now, GBStacking said:

Hi Paul
Not sure what capsule you would need im afraid, but dropping you a web link in a PM (not sure if we can put random business websites up here, happy to amend the post if we are). I have no vested interest in this company, but it's one i've used for capsules for my own stack

I see no harm in posting here if others can benefit.

48 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I got caps for the 2oz next generation coins, I think they were a little under 41mm, from ebay.

If its just one your after I can send you it if you cover postage.

PM if you want.

Thanks, that is very kind of you. I hadn't thought of those ones, but it sounds like they should fit pretty well!

I'll PM you :D 

14 hours ago, JTerry3 said:

Thanks! I assume it is the 40.4mm/6.6mm ones you bought?

Out of curiosity, do you know the capsules outer dimensions so I could know which size trays to put them in?

Yes, that's the size. If I get a chance today I'll measure one.

Edited by TheShinyStuff