• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

first post .Gold Panda

Coffeenomilk

i own  a 2015 1oz gold panda , is PCGS MS69 rated . is there are great deal of demand for these and what premium do they normally command ?

by way of intro i normally stick to RM coins and mix stacking with collecting a few series ,Lunar,QB ,Myths and Tudor beasts 

thanks in advance 

Peter 

57 minutes ago, Coffeenomilk said:

i own  a 2015 1oz gold panda , is PCGS MS69 rated . is there are great deal of demand for these and what premium do they normally command ?

by way of intro i normally stick to RM coins and mix stacking with collecting a few series ,Lunar,QB ,Myths and Tudor beasts 

thanks in advance 

Peter 

MS69 is just a very good bullion coin, I'd imagine in the current climate that approx £1580-£1600 on here might be achievable. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Hi,

This maybe is not what you were hoping for….

A later year Gold Panda really should be struck to a minimum of an MS69 standard so this is not a high grade, just normal.

The only benefit over an OMP coin would be the ability to add some reassurance that it is a genuine coin, that may give a slight uptick on valuation for some people.

A lot of collectors would actually prefer a coin in OMP than a ms69 later year coin, also I feel that NGC would be more popular than PCGS.

Me..

My preference would be for a later coin (say 2009 onwards)

NGC 70

OMP

NGC69

PCGS 70

PCGS 69

That would cause some debate amongst collectors, however  I have had PCGS coins, high grade, that when examined carefully the coin was showing a hazing effect, really not sure why this was…

Hope this all helps!

Cheers

Dave

Hello! Welcome to the forum.

The 2015 1oz gold panda has a maximum mintage of 1,000,000. So it isn't rare. Being graded MS69 won't increase the premium IMHO.

Strangely, that year's releases are noted by the removal of the inscriptions indicating the weight, metal, and fineness.

From 2016, the Chinese Mint adopted the metric system and replaced 1oz with 30grams.