• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Maggie's bullion, highly recommend Australian dealer,

Dave

When purchasing from outside the UK and trying to get them dispatched under the radar so to speak what does the vendor have to do?

If they mark the value down as less and they went missing in the post would the vendor lose out off of the insured amount lost being less than actually is? 

All of my purchases so far have been from within the UK so far but can see that there is definitely a benefit from buying from elsewhere especially if VAT can be reduced or completely avoided.

• Founder & Administrator

When purchasing from outside the UK and trying to get them dispatched under the radar so to speak what does the vendor have to do?

If they mark the value down as less and they went missing in the post would the vendor lose out off of the insured amount lost being less than actually is? 

All of my purchases so far have been from within the UK so far but can see that there is definitely a benefit from buying from elsewhere especially if VAT can be reduced or completely avoided.

I am not to sure on this. I think the declared customs value, and the insured value can be too separate things. Or maybe they just post at the buyers risk, you will have to check with the specific dealer.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Speaking about Maggie, I think she maybe might be becoming an official sponsor for The Silver Forum :) so look out for her sub section on the forum.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

You can't have it both ways when shipping from vat free countries , you take the risk with lower value and no insurance, that said the gift threshold in Ireland inc postage costs is €75.00 . If the contents value is €20.00 and the insured value is €200.00 ,you will get done for duty . Never had any trouble getting packages through if described as souvenir or medallion , with low value

Speaking about Maggie, I think she maybe might be becoming an official sponsor for The Silver Forum :) so look out for her sub section on the forum.

Good news. Now we need official sponsors from the UK.

Stacker since 2013

Good news. Now we need official sponsors from the UK.

What we really need is more members. I want to see this new Silver Gallery on here full of beautiful silver photos :)

Discounts / Offers

I can't see it on Tapatalk, but haven't had a proper proper look.

I'll have a look in a bit.

in tapatalk. TheSilverForum > Forums drag the screen down and the list of forums will refresh. link to the Silver & Gold gallery is at the bottom. (2nd to last if your a moderator)

Discounts / Offers

Nope, doesn't show up on mine. Have closed and reopened Tapatalk and it's not there mate.

Now try Danny, it will work.

Category was only enabled for admin, now changed so that members and moderators can view :)

Discounts / Offers

It does work, but when I click on it it says oops there was an error.

I'll check in on it later bud.

And I bet you were sat there wondering why nobody was posting pics. Lol

Everyone's iPhone / iPad seems to have errors, ha. PM me later if you still can't get it to work and I'll figure out what the problem is tomorrow morning. Here the tapatalk forum link works fine.

Discounts / Offers

I had good correspondence with Maggie in the past.

Her prices were very attractive BUT adding the shipping and assuming we will be charged VAT, it didn't make economic sense to order from her.

Real pity though but those seeking specific coins might wish to keep her in mind.

Trying to get under the radar is just not worth it and you may win some and loose some but the net result is neutral unfortunately.

Another possiblilty is to get an "agent" in the USA that can buy cheap ( i.e. no tax ) from the big guys like Apmex, Gainsville etc. and ship to us for a nominal fee.

A friend or relative might be the way forward.

Real pity that I am retired now as I used to travel frequently to the USA and could have hand carried a couple of tubes rather than duty frees but those days are gone.

Hello everyone, I will be here and keen to work with you. I can keep shipping costs low and I have an attractive range of products.

I will progress my sub forum in the coming days and look forward to positive communication with all members.

Regards Maggie

I had good correspondence with Maggie in the past.

Her prices were very attractive BUT adding the shipping and assuming we will be charged VAT, it didn't make economic sense to order from her.

Real pity though but those seeking specific coins might wish to keep her in mind.

There are some coins I especially like, but for the same reason as you say here, the additional cost is just too crazy.

If we were all neighbours we could combine orders as to decrease the additional cost haha.

Archived