• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storing sovereigns

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks.

I found the RM page:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/ancillaries/Coin-Capsule-22mm-Pack-of-10/

but they are not the screw top ones.

They are not unreasonable at £3.95 per pack of 10.

I also found the so-called London Coin Companies capsules page meanwhile.

What at total rip-off! And they are not £16 each, but £16.95 each!

It might be a mitigating factor of this included free postage, but they also indicate £3.99 postage.

Subtotal £16.95
Estimated shipping £3.99
TOTAL £20.94

LCC is owned by Ingram Liberman, who only ever seems to sell anything which is a rip-off price.

At least he has stopped using our copyright images, since:

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=ingramliberman.html

When I met him, he was totally unapologetic, and said everybody does it.

I do not have a high opinion of him, as you might guess!

😎

They are not a company I would likely deal with, even before your information.

However, they did come high up on a Google search for what I was looking for, so I'm sure they will do well... 🙄

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

A little more investigation...

I found some Lighthouse 'Grips 22' capsules lying around, and they do indeed fit, but not perfectly.  Looking at the side of the capsules, they have 22.2 written on them.  These are better than the 22.5 I had, but still enough to rattle.  That said, they are about twice as thick/high as they need to be, so most of the rattling is actually up and down rather than side to side.

I think unless someone like Lighthouse produce a 'perfect fit' capsule for Sovereigns (which they should - they do a great one for QBs), I am stuck with foam rings.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."