• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Certified assayers for Heraeus products? Marsan assayer?

ZestRiddler

Hello everyone from Ireland!

I am relatively new to the gold & silver fever (started this year), but already addicted and stacking happily. 

• I've just received this Heraeus 20g standard gold ingot from a well-known and (as far as my research go) reputable European online dealer (bullionbypost) and it looks all shiny and legit, but what made me wonder is the Certified assayer mentioned at the back of the case.

On every image available online the certified assayer for Heraeus bars is called RUFFONI, but mine's called MARSAN (if I read the font correctly). 

I know it's probably me being over-cautious, but is everything ok with my new little friend? Do you know any other certified assayers that are mentioned on the case for Heraeus products?

Thank you and have a lovely day!

heraeus.jpg

Edited by ZestRiddler

• ZestRiddler changed the title to Certified assayers for Heraeus products? Marsan assayer?

Check my stack, Ruffoni is the  assayer on all my Heraeus, Argor Heraeus  and Austrian Mint bars (newest bar is cast in January 2022).

Did a quick search and found that Simone Marsan was one of the   representative   of Argor - Heraeus to the 5th LBMA assaying & refining seminar.

Best to drop an email to Heraeus, I'm sure that they will answer all your questions and put all worries at ease.

PS : I'm 99.99% sure that the bar is legit

Edited by daca

Thanks for your answer and help. 

I just wrote an email to both Heraeus and a retailer asking for more info regarding assayers' names on Heraeus products. 

Will update here once I know more.  

Reply from BullionByPost, in case anyone wonders: 

The name printed on the plastic blister would be the name of the producer of the packaging only - therefore - this won't change anything in terms of gold value. 
I have researched myself online and there has not been an update yet, but I assume that MARSAN would be the new or alternative assayers for the packaging. 
Please let me reassure you the supply of all our brand new bars comes directly from the Gold producer (including Heraeus) and also tested.