• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Missing In Post

Hi guys

I recently purchased the Royal Mint’s subscription to the Tudor Beasts 1oz silver proof series.  You pay £95 for each coin and RM bill you and send you each new coin as it is released.  I signed up after the second coin in the series had been released and so checked with RM that they would send all coins, even the one I missed, they confirmed.

RM charged £190 for two coins and so I expected the Seymour Panther and the Lion of England to arrive in the post, however only the Lion was delivered, which I signed for on the doorstep.  I left it a few days expecting the Panther to be delivered separately but when nothing came I got in contact with RM who told me that they dispatched both of them together (presumably in separate packages) and that their Royal Mail tracking says that both were delivered together.  They have launched a Royal Mail investigation whatever that entails but doubt it is going to be CSI standard.  

I am nervous that I unwittingly signed for two packages while the postie only gave me one and kept one for himself.  Royal Mint told me that everything is insured but I don’t know if the burden of proof sits with me or not.  

Has anyone had a similar problem like this before?  I am quite new to collecting, I’ve made a few purchases from you guys without problem, plus a few bits from dealers and eBay but this is my first purchase from Total Mint.

Any help/advice/words of comfort would be appreciated.  £95 isn’t the end of the world but it does put me off a bit.

Thanks

Your postie would be risking losing his/her job for pilfering so that's very unlikely.
If two packages were sent there will be 2 tracking references so follow each.
Often a seller prepares a package and provides a tracking reference but it might not have been shipped so check first.
When you sign for a package the post scans each, and the scanner records location, and depending on the service sometimes takes a photograph. If tracking shows delivery, get proof of delivery from the Royal Mail then challenge them if they confirm delivery on both but cannot produce satisfactory evidence.

Thanks for the reply.  I’ve checked my RM account and all the emails they sent and they didn’t provide any tracking reference for either of the packages.  I’ll wait to see what the outcome of the investigation is and hopefully there is just a simple mistake that can easily be sorted.  

When buying second hand I normally take photos of packages before I open them but didn’t think there was a risk when buying directly from RM

2 hours ago, StackerBritt said:

Thanks for the reply.  I’ve checked my RM account and all the emails they sent and they didn’t provide any tracking reference for either of the packages.  I’ll wait to see what the outcome of the investigation is and hopefully there is just a simple mistake that can easily be sorted.  

When buying second hand I normally take photos of packages before I open them but didn’t think there was a risk when buying directly from RM

log on to your account, go to closed orders nd the tracking number is on there

I have always had multiple coins sent in the same parcel from the RM, never (to date) have they been sent out at the same time in separate packages for me

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

8 hours ago, Gordy said:

log on to your account, go to closed orders nd the tracking number is on there

The order is still open as it’s is for the whole Tudor Beast series.  The open orders section doesn’t have any tracking numbers for packages they’ve sent so far ☹️.  

RM told me they sent them together so I can only assume they were in separate packages because I only received one coin.  I guess there could have been a mix up in their records.

If both coins should have arrived in one package, I wouldn't exclude a possibility that the person at the RM overlooked that there should have been 2 coins in your package and simply forgot to add the other one.

I assume their packaging is standardized so the total weight of a package including 1 coin is known. They should also have records of the weight of your package so that should be an indication whether it included just one, or both coins.