• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1.5oz Canadian polar bear

StackemHigh

Do you have any other info on this series? Like. what is the series called, How many are in the series and did it start with the polar bear?

I would be intereted in getting the series if it's just starting off due to the unusual weight. it must be a chunky coin.

The polar was the first. Mintage started low but was changed to mint to order.

The problem I have with the polars is that almost all had scratches when I bought them and now they all have milk marks.

Its the Canadian mint curse.

I picked up a few polar bears last year but the milk marks that have since appeared are pretty much unforgivable, It's a shame cause the design is great. The arctic fox looks like a good design also....I just can't be having those milk marks.      

I have 3 Polar bears, and 2 Arctic foxes, beautiful coins, no scratches, no milk spots yet. Need to get some capsules for them though. Can't find out any more details on them though.

The RCM web site states mintage of the Polar Bears as 17500, but I think this is only for proof?

The same Arctic fox design is also on a 2014 one ounce coin C$5 face value, but I have no idea if this is part of a set? Will have to see if I can get one at a decent price. A proof coin (mintage 7500) on RCM web site is C$89.95 (£49.16) + P&P + VAT + RM charge. No idea if there are any BU though.

• 2 weeks later...

just a thought, rcm have yet to release mintage on the polar bear coins dated 2013.

can rcm continue to mint 2013 coins in 2014, bit like how you would get modern

restrikes of maria theresa thaler coins?

HH

Perth Mint release lunars in September / October for the following year.

A couple of years ago, Perth Mint went back and re-minted past kookaburras back to 1992 (I think it was 92).

So I assume it's ok to post and pre mint coins.

Stacker since 2013

what I'm really asking is could rcm keep on producing these coins should

'supply' run out?

are you talking about the p20 kooks set?

perth mint have already released mintages figures for their 2013 coins.

(not arguing about privies) but the exact designs released should already

have fixed mintage.

lunars are release early probably to give people a chance to buy the coins

in preparation for the celebrations. a bit like how xmas shopping starts in november

or maybe even earlier.

HH

are you talking about the p20 kooks set?

No, I'm talking the standard bullion coins.

They went back to 1992 and re-minted them all up to the maximum mintage.

They were not privies or different in any way.

Stacker since 2013

official mintage figures for 1992-2007 kooks 1oz is declared as <300k in

all years.

however if it was minted to maximum allowed it would make sense to start in 1992

as all previous 1oz kooks to that date was sold out.

HH

I can't follow your link, but I think there have been crossed wires here.

Perth Mint have already gone back and re-minted kooks, any that were not already at the 300k mintage limit.

It has already happened.

Stacker since 2013

Archived