• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Shipping PM from USA to UK

Hello everyone. 

Could someone please help me figure out how am I going to move my whole stack when i ll go back to the UK next year?

Has anyone shipped bigger quantities, like +10kg/22lbs mostly silver and didn't pay a lot of money? Considering they're PM and you'll insure them..

Did any of you guys flew with a quantity of PM which doesn't exeed $10k? How did it go? 

If the value of the PM did exceed $10k, how much was the customs taxation?

Any type of advice, help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Cosmin. 

8 hours ago, Bumbix said:

Hello everyone. 

Could someone please help me figure out how am I going to move my whole stack when i ll go back to the UK next year?

Has anyone shipped bigger quantities, like +10kg/22lbs mostly silver and didn't pay a lot of money? Considering they're PM and you'll insure them..

Did any of you guys flew with a quantity of PM which doesn't exeed $10k? How did it go? 

If the value of the PM did exceed $10k, how much was the customs taxation?

Any type of advice, help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Cosmin. 

Hello Cosmin,

On this video, there is a test on passing Airport security with +10oz gold 1 oz of platinum and +30ozs of silver to see how scanner reacts. 
It is more than 10k€ In the handbag but it is done on a Spanish domestic flight with 100k€ cash limit on transportation. So no law violation or missing declaration at any point 
The video is in Spanish 

Dragon Oro Plata YouTube channel 

Hi

I've never imported or exported any large amount of PM's UK/USA - USA/UK..So totally not an expert on taxes and duties but had this thought....

I also saw this online:-

'If you are just talking about moving a few gold coins just throw them in with your pocket change and carry on. As for the US, gold/silver bullion any amount under $10K does not need to be declared regardless of entering or leaving the country'

Now!!!! As I see it if you had say 1000 Canadian Maples at let's say £30 value on each coin that's £30.000

But! The face value is 5 Dollars so 1000 x 5 is 5,000 Canadian dollars which equates to around £2,850.00.

Now that could be a loophole when declaring the value of the coins as its less than the $10,000 before you have to declare. Only thing is the insurance as you would have to state the actual value of the PM's to cover the insurance if something goes wrong....

I'm probably talking out of my backside and I'm sure someone on here will correct me...But it was just a thought I had after reading your post.

Regards.

Not sure I will be much help. When I buy from the US from companies that don't ship to the UK, I use a company called shipitto. They have loads of different services and I even consolidate parcels with them and they will write whatever you instruct them to on the shipping label (within reason). They may offer something you are looking for.

Just putting it out there. Couldn't you sell as much as you can, change it to tether, carry it over on your laptop. Then buy it back when you get here.