• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pre order to eternity.

I ordered a cernunnos 3 oz coin from powercoin back in February which was due to ship in April but when it got close it was bumped, then bumped again, again again and again, the last date was due to be tomorrow 30th of July, so today I check to see if it's shipped and yet another kickback to August 10th with no doubt another kickback after that...my question is, how long can a supplier take to actually ship an item paid for before the contract is null and void?....it shouldn't be that you hang on for ever month by month or need a lawyer to stop the even increasing delivery day, I know covid has the world in turmoil but then just cancel the orders until it becomes clear you can de.iver in one month or less, to drag it out for two weeks here and there poisons your custom base and any future trust in your ability to deliver especially when comparred to other suppliers....is anyone going to tie up hundreds or thousands on the possibility of getting something in two weeks or six months?

I must admit I wouldn't be happy with that. I am assuming that the Cernunnos coin has a premium and I don't just mean over spot (i.e. its not bullion)... then can't you just cancel the order? Minted-UK have one in stock

6 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

I must admit I wouldn't be happy with that. I am assuming that the Cernunnos coin has a premium and I don't just mean over spot (i.e. its not bullion)... then can't you just cancel the order? Minted-UK have one in stock

I just tried but when trying to search it said they'd just settled a data claim..which frankly puts them at the bottom of my list of suppliers.

Just now, DarkChameleon said:

I just tried but when trying to search it said they'd just settled a data claim..which frankly puts them at the bottom of my list of suppliers.

Power Coin have just settled a data claim? 

8 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

The cost of the coin is I believe $300 for a 3 oz coin..so $300 has been tied up since February, not an earth shattering amount but still, it would be like preparing for the 2021 peace dollar then finding out its not going to be shipped by that company till 2023.

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

Power Coin have just settled a data claim? 

No, your advised company.

Just now, DarkChameleon said:

The cost of the coin is I believe $300 for a 3 oz coin..so $300 has been tied up since February, not an earth shattering amount but still, it would be like preparing for the 2021 peace dollar then finding out its not going to be shipped by that company till 2023.

No, your advised company.

Minted uk.

That's the reason, why i almost never preorder at power coin. Like you said, not an earth shattering ammount, but we don't buy one coin / year. You can preorder even their own coins at other dealers, that send you the invoice, if they got a shipping confirmation. I ordered the mechanical bee in january, release date was the 15th february. Now it's coming on 15th August. No problem to wait, especially in those times we live right now. But taking customers money and work a half year with it? Thats a free credit. 

I was waiting months and months for the Elton John 5oz. I’m not sure they had the allocation they sold to me. They gave me a credit note when I got miffed off (and I’m as laid back as they come) so I bought other stuff instead but I won’t be pre-ordering with them again. They blamed RM supply issues but everyone else seemed to get their coins. I even thought they were buying them on the secondary market like eBay to then send to me 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

It's the third coin in a set I've got the other two in so I waited but I think when jts going to be the carrot you never actually never get to eat then you have to draw a line in the sand so I decided after posting this to email them on their site and ask for a full return....I buy and sellconstantly and set creation is part of it but when your going to take thus long then the pre order is pointless, it's like taking orders for playstation 6 now then giving a date of next month....but may change...it becomes a point of taking money when you have no real idea when you're going to receive the items sojust keep using that date may vary to keep customers on the hook, if you have not definite date then take deposits, it ties a buyer but doesn't annoy the snot out of them.

I just read an email from them saying the mi t which I assume to be Poland have shipped their allotted amount yesterday and I have been upgraded to expedited shipping to get me the coin upto three weeks earlier then my free shipping I purchased at the time or was given as part of the origonal deal....this ill have to see over the next couple of days if true or vapor once again..either way I'll not be buying pre order again my timeliness are fine as it is, with NGC, PSA, bold and other adjusting after being paid it's becoming a customer comes last type of market, I will only assemble collections that are out there more and reduce my pre sale purchases to reflect the vapor dates given and not Interfere with my business.