• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Lunar Series

JohnA

What do you guys think of this series?

I thought since it is new that I could get in early. The prices on older Lunar series are a bit much, since I would want a set.

I did already get the Horse BU, although I heard maybe I should get Proofs

http://www.providentmetals.com/2016-year-of-the-monkey-1-oz-silver-round.html

10 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

The horses I got developed milk spots so I didn't get any of the others.  If they were the same price as the Britannia I wouldn't mind.

Thats so true i had 30 of horse proof , and about 20 developed milk spots, was a bad buy.

I sold them all without making really any profit. I would personally not buying any proof from RM anymore.

But how Helpinghands said  Bu for good price i would buy  

These are the three reviews on that provident link.

1. bad quality
  2. Brad on 12/14/15
  4. Got a roll of 25 coins all were scuff around the bottom sending them back looks like mite be a bad batch !!!
  5. yr of the monkey
    Julie on 11/14/15

Some what disappointed ,after the horse and yr of the sheep which were stunning.this 2016 yr of the monkey has milk spots and along the right side ed... Read more ge a scuffmark from top to bottom. Purchased six all have marks or spots..not happy with this one in the series. Read less

6. Poor Quality
    Sean on 10/14/15

The British Royal Mint better get their quality under control. Especially with only 138,888 being minted. My 2016 Year of the Monkey arrived with a s... Read more izable scuff ring along the outer right edge to bottom of the coin. Unacceptable

I bought a couple of all 3 bullion coins and a couple of all the proof ounce coins as well as the 1oz and 1/10 oz gold coins and as far as I can see they are all OK but I have not really scrutinized them closely.  My way of thinking was as a newbie stacker I would be as well buying into the first of a new series and hoping for the best rather than paying huge premiums to get early releases from established series.  I'm going to dig them out and give them a proper look over now having seen the issues others have had.

The royal mint are not doing themselves and favors are they:/

The older stuff was pure class, but then none of that was .999 silver, anyone know of .958 Britannia's with spots? or .925 sterling? quite frankly I would not buy ANY .999 coins for a large premium its just too risky these days..Only exception is older coins that have not already developed spots.

Archived