• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What would be realistic?

sellerstacker

I am looking to offload some pre 1920 and pre 1946 coins (call it scrap though the vast majority are at least in fine grade), and some John Pinches silver sets. I am expecting 20% above the spot for pre 1920 and the rest at the spot. Is this realistic and if so what is the best place to sell? I don't have too much confidence in eBay. In terms of quantity, the lot would be about 70kgs. 

The forum would be a good place to put the coins / rounds up for sale. It won't cost you anything to advertise and general payment is by bank transfer or paypal F&F. 
Your only issue is you have no trading reputation.
i would put the bits and pieces you have up for sale in the trading section. Show photos and put a paper with username and current date visible. This way buyers know you have got the goods.
See what happens. 
It is sometimes suggested that if a new seller is willing to send the items before payment then the lack of a trading history doesn't matter. If you deal with a well established member then you will not be diddled and feed back for a well recognised name on the forum helps your reputation and then other members will be happy to trade.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

The forum would be a good place to put the coins / rounds up for sale. It won't cost you anything to advertise and general payment is by bank transfer or paypal F&F. 
Your only issue is you have no trading reputation.
i would put the bits and pieces you have up for sale in the trading section. Show photos and put a paper with username and current date visible. This way buyers know you have got the goods.
See what happens. 
It is sometimes suggested that if a new seller is willing to send the items before payment then the lack of a trading history doesn't matter. If you deal with a well established member then you will not be diddled and feed back for a well recognised name on the forum helps your reputation and then other members will be happy to trade.

Thanks sounds like a good starting point. I will list some of my stuff here. I will start with small £15 - £20 articles and see where things take me.

13 hours ago, sellerstacker said:

Thanks sounds like a good starting point. I will list some of my stuff here. I will start with small £15 - £20 articles and see where things take me.

Hi - my recommendation for selling this stuff is as follows:

Pre-1920:

Crowns & Double Florins - list individual years with pic as people like these and collect them.

Half Crowns & Florins - small lots of 5 to 10 coins seems favourite unless it’s very rare, also easy enough to sell individually.

everything else - often easiest to sell in larger batches by weight unless you know your coins to be particularly good condition or rare.

post 1920 50%:

Sell in lots by weight at spot or just above.

I buy and sell a bit of pre-decimal and there’s always a market. I’ve brought plenty from here when it’s keenly priced and my observation it sells quickly and reliably to forum members. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Archived