• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

anyone here collect panda golds?

Touvex

Bought this 1994 5 coin set over 20 years ago. The  coins came wrapped in a plastic strip, but as they were bullion/ proof-like I found this old box to keep them in... Reminds me of my 2011 visit to Chendu, the Panda breeding centre in China!.  As I only paid £440 for the set, there may be benefits for collectors/stackers to think about the medium to long term as an investment, whatever gold coins you collect.  It has certainly worked for me. Not keen on the newer 30g Pandas with 1.1gr less gold though.

IMG_E1563.JPG

On 19/05/2021 at 11:36, Cornishfarmer said:

When I started collecting panda were hot property this continued for a few years and some of the half gold were going for serious money, this has come off the boil now.      I managed to get hold of some key pandas early on but when it came to selling the U.K. market wasn’t strong enough compared to the American and Chinese which made sending coins abroad expensive.    I still think they are great coins which are more of a proof finish than other bullion coins but it’s not easy to get the premium back when selling over here.      There is a dedicated panda forum which Peter Anthony quite often contributed to and would reply to messages when sent      His book is first class if you can get it but comes with import fees if he sends it.      Good luck with buying but if you are collecting as bullion make sure there is an outlet in the past chards, Atkinson’s and HGM will pay less for them than sovs while charging a higher premium when selling on

We, at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer aim to be most competitive on both buy and sell spreads for the highest volume bullion, which makes commercial sense. 

Newly issued (one ounce gold) pandas always cost slightly more than other one ounce gold coins, so they never sold in high volume in the UK. I think their biggest market is China.

When we buy secondary market one ounce gold, we think primarily about Britannias, other UK CGT exempt, and "all others".

Because of the low volume and annual design changes, we tend to sell pandas more as collectable than as bullion. Most buyers are most interested in buying just one each of their missing dates. Despite this, our selling premiums on them are usually quite reasonable. I have not checked, but I suspect our recent sell-out was to a small dealer who will probably put them on ebay at much higher asking prices. It ins not often that we have "surplus" stock which we offer out as our choice of date, but we quite often have individual dates in stock at modestly higher prices.

Chards

Archived