• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

XRF Gold Analyzer, Items check

joejingojack

Hi guys.

Couple of days ago I purchased two tiny chinese silver dish plates for quite a substantial amount of money.

Assuming they're silver, I do still have some concerns and doubts in my mind in terms of the silver content these dishes actually have (if any).

So I was wondering if anyone of you gents have this XRF analyzer to test the silver content of the dish plates.

I am also willing to pay for this service because I don't want to waste any of your precious time.

I live up North in Warrington area.

I would really appreciate if anyone of you could help me.

Kind Regards,

Joejingojack

On 18/02/2021 at 13:59, sovereignsteve said:

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer I believe they will analyse stuff for a fee.

Yes that's fine but the thing is I cannot find any local bullion dealer or a private person to be currently open and functioning. Everybody is closed even bolton bullion doesn't allow customers..

Hi @joejingojack.

I would say in the circumstances, especially if time is an issue for returns purposes if they are suspect, the best move would be to send them and have them returned via special delivery to/from @ilovesilverireallydo or whoever else has offered to test these for you. If they were expensive and you're really unsure it's got to be worth the time?

What purity silver are they supposed to be from your knowledge of them? Have you a hallmark you can post here?

On 23/02/2021 at 09:59, Liam84 said:

Hi @joejingojack.

I would say in the circumstances, especially if time is an issue for returns purposes if they are suspect, the best move would be to send them and have them returned via special delivery to/from @ilovesilverireallydo or whoever else has offered to test these for you. If they were expensive and you're really unsure it's got to be worth the time?

What purity silver are they supposed to be from your knowledge of them? Have you a hallmark you can post here?

Ilovesilverireallydo has no time for this.

But it surprises me that in a silver forum almost no individual has XRF scanner or maybe people just don't bother.

Anyway, there are no hallmarks on the dishes.

However I am pretty sure the items are early 20th century and belong to the qing dynasty but I just want to reassure by examining the silver content or particular parts of a dish

Archived