• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cannabis stocks!

Making some huge gains with the ‘Cannabis Stock Index’ and some specific investments in Tilray & Aurora. These 3 have made me thousands over the last couple of days. They are all still a way off their peak 2019... 

This is a long term investment. Still a gamble until USA changes federal law, however the potential if/when they do from this point, is huge!

Anyone else invested?

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

1 hour ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Making some huge gains with the ‘Cannabis Stock Index’ and some specific investments in Tilray & Aurora. These 3 have made me thousands over the last couple of days. They are all still a way off their peak 2019... 

This is a long term investment. Still a gamble until USA changes federal law, however the potential if/when they do from this point, is huge!

Anyone else invested?

Remember holding GWP when they were being heavily touted by the likes of Shares mag around a £1ish, when I was younger and naively followed tip sheets. There was always some logic that Sativex would be accepted by the medical community because of the pain relief, as much as anything else sadly for clinically ill patients.

It was always a roller coaster ride around legislation, product approval etc in the early days, although I seem to recall Shares mag around say 5 or 6 years back, running a get out its over hyped take around £5 a share; sometime prior to delisting in the U.K.  Trouble was it was always heavily shorted too, which added to the volatility and at the time I sold, I’d got weary of traders games.

If I did the conversion to what I sold at, to the deal announced with Jazz, I’d probably need some Sativex myself 🙄

We are looking incredibly backwards in this country. We actually produce a great deal of medical cannabis, we now have laws allowing it under prescription yet we have only a handful of patients with a script. Lack of evidence is usually sighted, yet the government is reticent to allow trails... 
I think the fact so many countries globally are making the move to explore the medicinal benefits is huge, the surprising aspect is the move to legislate for recreational use too.

Id be interested in buying into some Euro shares too, I believe it’s not possible/allowed in buy UK pot stocks presently? 
The way CBD has been such a huge hit in the UK shows the potential for the market and how accepting the public are. It’ll be a long haul in the UK, if America can do it (the homeland of the 1980’s War on Drugs), I don’t see why we can’t!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

This subject just came up in a group chat with trading friends today. Trying to find a fund to invest in as its roulette with these canna stocks! 

Is GW Pharma of interest?

I'm out of the loop as to how the market is growing. Seem's big business will swoop in once its federally legal, and could take out many smaller players in the process. 

78av.gif

My personal strategy is to buy stocks when there are on a dip and GW is the highest it’s EVER been. I believe a take over has been announced which has certainly helped, although all the cannabis stocks have access to have seen great gains over the last couple of weeks. Tilray has gone up 50% today...

The Cannabis Stock Index has been a brilliant investment!

Obviously such rapid gains is always a worry, however ensure you regularly update your ‘Close At A Profit’ settings and they automatically sell if/when a dip comes... Hopefully leaving you in a position to re-buy at the bottom of the dip.

Long term Canada/USA pot stocks have to be a winner. As the political issues settle, this market is a boomer! 

Many thanks, Elliot

Immaculate timing! Just witnessed the biggest daily drop in the cannabis market since its inception! Tilray alone lost 50%! Some bargains to be had picking over the bones and BOY am I GLAD I had my settings upto date! A lovely surprise to log into today to see my balance was looking fantastically strong and a third of my portfolio gone!

Many thanks, Elliot

On 11/02/2021 at 14:04, InvestInCoins888 said:

My personal strategy is to buy stocks when there are on a dip and GW is the highest it’s EVER been. I believe a take over has been announced which has certainly helped, although all the cannabis stocks have access to have seen great gains over the last couple of weeks. Tilray has gone up 50% today...

The Cannabis Stock Index has been a brilliant investment!

Obviously such rapid gains is always a worry, however ensure you regularly update your ‘Close At A Profit’ settings and they automatically sell if/when a dip comes... Hopefully leaving you in a position to re-buy at the bottom of the dip.

I just saw the gap in the price for GW, that's mad. It's hard to buy in after seeing that gap, and pricing this market is hard. With legalization around the corner for the UK eventually, they would be positioned in a good spot. I may just cost average in a position as to not get FOMO.

Which Canna stock index have you invested in? Looking at MSOS myself, it didn't get dumped as hard in the mess that just happened.

Also which trading platform do you use if you don't mind me asking? These setting's sound useful! The fee's within my ISA don't make day trading viable, and not a fan of T212. Neither are great for settings in comparison to a crypto or FX exchange. 

78av.gif

I have made a little bit of profit on cannabis over the last week. 

SNDL was the big one, but it has a billion $ float. I missed Tilray as thats a wall street bets thing isnt it? 
Im a bit spooked with trading actively so I am sitting back watching for now. Making some smaller positions instead of £3k!! 
using scanners I have literally watched hundreds of stocks many that go from nothing to 100-300% - really frustrating as you could get in on the first spike. 
I tend to prefer to wait and see what the markets doing after an hour or so, got stuck with 4 stocks i dont want last week.
3 doing well actually though on bounce back. ;)

Gonna spend the weekend trying to find the best way to find stocks before other people do.
Gives me time to research the company and make a calculated decision - Invivio therapeutics was one - 30% now. 
Finvizz and one that find stocks about to get approval for the medical industry. 

I think I would rather get stuck with a decent pharmacological company than a canabis one ;)
Even so I would rather day trade it unless it hits 80-100% removed the initial investment so nothing to loose, if holding over night. 

Archived