• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1st post - 5kg bar selling advise

SilverSearcher

Good Morning

Im relatively new to this forum and have never posted. I purchased a 5KG bar of silver from bullion by post in December 2018 and due to the swing of the price am starting to think about selling it. I have the invoice from Bullion by post and its a nice bar. Believe it or not it was my 1st attempt at investing in Silver and now i'm hooked. 

Im thinking of selling the bar and then using the money to buy coins which are better to look at than a chunk of metal! Im fascinated with Reales at the moment. 

Before just selling back to BBP at a terrible spread do you folks have any suggestions on how I could squeeze a little more margin out of the bar?

Im in Birmingham so pretty central and great for the jewellery quarter 

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help.

Also, from a member perspective only is it worth paying for the silver membership on this forum?

Thanks all

Craig

First of all Welcom to TSF, I am sure that you are going to find all the answers to your questions in here..

About selling your Bar, First you have to understand that 5kg Bar isnt just " chunk of metal " lol, its is great precious metal piece :D

you can try to sell it in here, i am sure that you will get better offers then selling it back to BBP.

I wish you all the best, S.H !!

Archived