• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia-UK.com - Complete guide to 1oz Silver Britannias

DavidE

On 08/10/2020 at 15:39, Pete said:

Congratulations on creating this useful website.
Nice to be able to see all the info in an easy to use site.

Just a couple of observations -

1. Are you sure the spec for the regular one ounce Brit is not simply 1 Toz of .999 silver = 31.104 g

2. You need to correct spelling of " Boarder" to "Border"

3. Could you elaborate please on the difference between a regular and a BUNC.
How would someone be able to tell the difference ?
BU is a term that is used universally to mean mint fresh and not handled but I know some coins are specially made and sold in this category but since they are not proof design or proof struck how could you tell the difference  ?

4. I saw some Dog Privy coins sell on eBay for £45 - and not £80 recently.
For example  293725209860 and  

Carry on the good work !!

Thanks for these comments! :)

1. With regards to the weight, yes I think you're correct that they contain 1Toz of SIlver, with the older 958 weighing 32.45 grams. Added to the site - thanks!

2. well spotted, have now fixed

3. Good idea, I'll add an extra section to explain. Although spotting the difference by eye is likely not always possible.

4. Thats interesting, prior to the last 2 sales, the previous 8 sales seemed to go for between £60 to £100. I've been keeping a close eye on both eBay and Facebook sales and I think that it's rare that they'll sell for as low as £45 again.  If a few more sales go through at the £45 level then it's certainly worth adjusting the price. If someone wanted to go and buy one right now, I don't think you would find one for less than £60-£80.

Thanks again for this input!

On 07/10/2020 at 20:47, Coolsmp said:

This a great little site and nicely put together. Well done!! Also has potential to expand to include the fractionals Britannias, box sets and 5oz as well the golds.

Have now expanded :)

On 07/10/2020 at 21:02, Coolsmp said:

Would be good to add the designers name for example the 2017 was designed by Louis Tamlyn.

I know in the past forum members have tried to get mintage figures through freedom of information requests from the Royal Mint.

Great idea, have now added! Thanks

As you have the platform established, having done all the hard work, I assume it is relatively straightforward adding more material.
A very popular series with forum members is the Queens Beasts.
Started with the 2 oz silver but includes gold and platinum plus some real beasts in silver weighing 10 oz.
Maybe on a rainy weekend you might consider creating a site before anyone else ... 😅

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

As you have the platform established, having done all the hard work, I assume it is relatively straightforward adding more material.
A very popular series with forum members is the Queens Beasts.
Started with the 2 oz silver but includes gold and platinum plus some real beasts in silver weighing 10 oz.
Maybe on a rainy weekend you might consider creating a site before anyone else ... 😅

I was just thinking that earlier today, perhaps a broader site that covers a few different sets.  

Personally I collect QBs, Zi-Sin, Chiwoo Cheonwang, Aus Lunars S1-3, Marvels, Molon Labe 2oz,  British Lunar, Germania Beasts and looking at the Maple 1oz, Kooks and Aus Kangaroos! 

I’d love to get a site together that collates all of the info with pictures and figures etc. 

On 09/10/2020 at 23:02, DavidE said:

I was just thinking that earlier today, perhaps a broader site that covers a few different sets.  

Personally I collect QBs, Zi-Sin, Chiwoo Cheonwang, Aus Lunars S1-3, Marvels, Molon Labe 2oz,  British Lunar, Germania Beasts and looking at the Maple 1oz, Kooks and Aus Kangaroos! 

I’d love to get a site together that collates all of the info with pictures and figures etc. 

You should check out the 'bullion book' a great little resource for modern bullion coins if you're looking to expand your website

Archived