• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

European mint storage policy change.

Silverman2U

Hi everyone, given that the recent change in the mint storage policy I only thought it fitting share this with everyone on TSF. 

I bought £150 of Coins on the understanding I could continue to add to this stack then pay a delivery fee if £50 and get them posted over to me in the future. 

Today I was advise policy has changed, no storage anymore. So I am saying be warned. I can only make one more purchase to which they will add the existing £150 order, ie. It needs to be a big one to be worth while. 

My thoughts... going back to gold silver.be. At least their prices are cheaper generally, even if their service is nothing special. 

Just putting this info out there so less people get burned on the though of free storage like I did. 

Storage will return to the EU mint in time - I am in touch with them about this. It is a transitional period, that is all I can say. 

GS.be are not doing well in 2020 with their customer service, have a good read of material before any decisions is all I will say. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Hi everyone, given that the recent change in the mint storage policy I only thought it fitting share this with everyone on TSF. 

I bought £150 of Coins on the understanding I could continue to add to this stack then pay a delivery fee if £50 and get them posted over to me in the future. 

Today I was advise policy has changed, no storage anymore. So I am saying be warned. I can only make one more purchase to which they will add the existing £150 order, ie. It needs to be a big one to be worth while. 

My thoughts... going back to gold silver.be. At least their prices are cheaper generally, even if their service is nothing special. 

Just putting this info out there so less people get burned on the though of free storage like I did. 

That's a shame, however I remember it was a lot of effort for them to track all the different orders I had placed and stored in a 3 month period, last time I did that. So I kind of understand why they would need to have a process for this. I'll stay tuned for updates.

The European Mint is one of the cheapest places I’ve found to buy silver even when you add delivery costs to the UK. For the best price, pay in Euros by bank transfer rather than GBP. Avoid PayPal as there is a 3.95% handling fee. 
I have never had any issues with them and when the parcel is shipped it is discretely packaged.

They are now under new management which is why they have suspended storage facilities for a month. You should be able to store any new orders purchased from October onwards. 

I've noticed that GS.be now charge a nominal fee of €2 per order for bundling to storage.
Seems fair and reasonable if they pick & store what you order, in stock at the time, and don't sell to someone else hoping your coin(s) will be replenished for when you want them all shipped. Their clause stating they will only ship once all coins are available is okay but if they sell what you have already paid for, and was in stock at the time, you can get caught out if they have delays replacing what they sold elsewhere. Perhaps they don't do this now ?

Archived