• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Guy still needing help

Aknot

So and it is probably my ignorance in not understanding all of this but why is it that if I go to different sites for rounds/bars etc the price tickers are NEVER the same? So for example: Some are similar and on spot :D with each but some are different... Just would like to know if there is a reason?

Thanks!

*** Oh and they were taken within seconds of each other. I just refreshed all the pages about the same time and took the screens.

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

If you watch fox business channel youd find their gold price is about $10 oz off and their silver is about 40 cents off, always above...goto msnbc and its closer butbdelayee by a few seconds, i check goldprice as its closest and i can zoom in and see the market movement and info real time...i have it on my phone tolso i can educate my lcs if hes basing price on fox, he knows i know the differences now so i vet the lowest price plus his profit margin, usually 10%.

Thanking everyone for the replies that have come and will come.

I guess what im trying to find out and figure out is do various sites skew those tickers or is it just based on the time they update their tickers? Does everyone get their information from the same overall source?

I use Paypal exclusively and finding the best/lowest price per .oz is of course best for me so im always hunting and this is one of the things that popped up in my hunts.

Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Aknot said:

Thanking everyone for the replies that have come and will come.

I guess what im trying to find out and figure out is do various sites skew those tickers or is it just based on the time they update their tickers? Does everyone get their information from the same overall source?

I use Paypal exclusively and finding the best/lowest price per .oz is of course best for me so im always hunting and this is one of the things that popped up in my hunts.

Thanks again.

Try www.goldprice.org.

There are always pricing differences, even if you trade for a bank you will be getting different pricing information all of the time.  The reasons are varied but can be based on prices from different exchanges, offers being made to you etc. 

For people on this forum and their like, it should not make a big difference if there are small variations between data vendors. The key is making sure you are happy with the price at the time. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Ok another question about the ticker and or reporting prices.

Does the price move 24hrs a day or is there a "closing bell" where it doesnt move until the next business day so to speak?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aknot said:

Ok another question about the ticker and or reporting prices.

Does the price move 24hrs a day or is there a "closing bell" where it doesnt move until the next business day so to speak?

Thanks!

Different time zones have different closing and opening times, between 10pm and 11pm gmt its dead, nothing happening but the rest of the time the markets are open somewhere.

Archived