• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What are your favourite silver bullion coin sizes?

ChrisSilver

What size silver bullion coins do you prefer?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your preferred silver bullion coin sizes (multiple choices allowed)

• Founder & Administrator

I have created a poll to see which size of silver bullion coins people prefer to stack. Multiple choices are allowed.

Personally I like the 1oz bullion size coins a lot because they seem to be a nice size, they are the most commonly collected size, and for that reason they are worth the higher premium for me.

I also like the 10oz size coins because they are nice and chunky. The premiums on the perth Mint 10oz are quite good in my opinion. Personally I don't like the premiums on the 5oz coins, I'd rather stack 1oz or 10oz instead.

I also like the 1kg coins, nice low premiums, and a good alternative to buying 1kg bars. Though I find the 10oz a more beautiful size than a 1kg coin.

This gives me a perfect combination of small (1oz), medium (10oz) and large (1kg) coins. Which in my opinion is the nicest combination of sizes in a stack.

So what sizes do you like? feel free to answer the poll, and comment below as to your reasons if you want to  :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

My vote is for 1oz and 2oz, I don't have anything else yet.

Don't forget to 'view in web' and cast your vote dan. ;)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1oz primarily, 2oz perhaps but that'd be my limit. Anything above that would go into bars for me unless it's something i'm particularly fond of but i've yet to see a design that's made me want a coin of that size.

I only got my first 2oz a few weeks ago, once you get your first you will love them mate.

I suspect I would, so i'd need to get new trays (my DIY ain't that great if it's not metal ;)) and I've still got another collection to work on first which should be getting 30% larger in the next month or so

I suspect I would, so i'd need to get new trays (my DIY ain't that great if it's not metal ;)) and I've still got another collection to work on first which should be getting 30% larger in the next month or so

They actually sell 66mm x 66mm trays I just found.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lighthouse-Blue-felt-coin-display-trays-storage-assorted-sizes-/140737294645

Only for the L6 case though

Discounts / Offers

They actually sell 66mm x 66mm trays I just found.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lighthouse-Blue-felt-coin-display-trays-storage-assorted-sizes-/140737294645

Only for the L6 case though

I saw those, but fancied using some of the trays I was never going to use otherwise.

My OCD will see me buying one though, it's just a matter of time.

Stacker since 2013

I love half oz coins. 

If I had an option to choose a 1 oz coin for £20, or 2 Half oz Coins for £22. I would always take the Half oz coins. What I meant with that e.g is that If I can get 2 half oz coins for just a tad more then a 1 oz coin, I will go for the half oz. Now saying this, My goal is to have 500 oz of silver at the end of this year, and out of that 150oz will be in half oz coins. 

I just love them, small, easy to sell when I need money for e.g If I needed £50 I would sell a few coins on ebay, and everyone and there dad has couple of quid for half oz of silver at today's prices.

Only reason Why I do not purchase a lot of half oz coins, is Storage will be an issue once I have a certain amount.  

Archived