• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hatton Garden Metals

24 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

If you don't own your mistake, you become a scammer. And regardless of you having no doubts they would fix it they didn't. 

As highlighted, the problem may be that they haven't realised they have made a mistake.

All of which could probably be rectified by a 2 minute phone call.

15 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Well, I clearly let them now, a few times. Are they not able to read? 

Covid19 = Less staff coupled with a spike in orders.

Less staff = higher workload per person.

Higher workload = Mistakes & prioritisation of work (perhaps not monitoring their inbox as diligently as they ought to due to reduced staffing).

Seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face but hey ho your coin.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Mistakes happen and it's a difficult time for dealers I guess.

The forum, collectively, must have put £100ks of orders through them.

And it works both ways!

I once bought 4 dos pesos from them and when I received the goods, there were only 3 inside.

I called them and they said they would check their video and get back to me. They duly did and informed me that they were satisfied 4 coins had been sent.

The lady noted that they were very small and were easy to drop, misplace etc. and asked if I could look around and check my package!

I got the wife down on her hands and knees...

It was under my chair 🙄

Most amusing as always Roy!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Covid19 = Less staff coupled with a spike in orders.

Less staff = higher workload per person.

Higher workload = Mistakes & prioritisation of work (perhaps not monitoring their inbox as diligently as they ought to due to reduced staffing).

Seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face but hey ho your coin.

This incident happened last year.

2 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Fair enough. Apologies, thought it was a recent purchase you were referring to.

10 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Last year?! You better get on the phone to them soon then! 😄 

Seriously though, it's a shame to cross a good dealer off your list over something like this. Perhaps your emails weren't getting past the spam filter or something trivial like that. 

1 minute ago, Melon said:

Last year?! You better get on the phone to them soon then! 😄 

Seriously though, it's a shame to cross a good dealer off your list over something like this. Perhaps your emails weren't getting past the spam filter or something trivial like that. 

It's possible but very unlikely. I don't care to contact them anymore, I have sold this Sovereign and bought another one elsewhere.

Archived