• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Morgan Collection

Peacemaker

My latest additions for those who dont watch my channel, a nice trio from New Orleans, while I am trying to avoid low grade common dates, the 89 and 92 from New Orleans are particularly hard to find and the 98 😍 the mint lustre is just.... puts me at 36 dates and over 1/3rd of the way through my checklist, I have a lot of spares and a couple of quality albums for anyone looking to get started just drop a pm

20200523_120625.jpg

20200523_120607.jpg

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

2 hours ago, Yetiwatch said:

I really do admire the Morgan dollars. What scares me away is the amount of fakes there are in circulation.

There are fakes and they lots are pretty obvious.  But not as many as people would have you believe.  

I have bought 84 to date and I have not had a fake.  @Peacemaker, I think I saw a video where you found a fake... Is that correct?

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, dicker said:

There are fakes and they lots are pretty obvious.  But not as many as people would have you believe.  

I have bought 84 to date and I have not had a fake.  @Peacemaker, I think I saw a video where you found a fake... Is that correct?

Best

Dicker

Yup that's correct mate, can across a few in my time, this was the best fake in terms of weight, spot 26.7g

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Surfer said:

There are checklists?

I want to start collecting Morgans, where can i find out about checklists? 

I just want them all lol 

Haha,  I am using the Whitman official red book dates, 104 in total with a few varieties

The hunt is on!

Is that the Q David Bowers book - if so, it is very good.  

The section on the discovery of various hoards is particularly interesting to read!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

9 hours ago, RacerCool said:

I have half a dozen or so Morgans. Decided it would be too spendy to keep going so I forced myself to stop. But they are tempting beauties, for sure.

I read that as, "I have 6 unwanted Morgans, who wants them?" lmao 

What you holding mate? 

Archived