• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best Place to Buy Junk and Generic Silver

Silvs

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on the best place to buy junk/constitutional and generic silver? Are they available from the European Mint? If not, where is the best place to get them and is it possible to import them from the EU to the UK VAT free at reasonable shipping costs?

56 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Look on here there is always deals to be had 

I was thinking of buying junk silver myself what with premiums being so high, but I'm starting to think that buying metal is a just an expensive hobby and not a serious way to invest or save.

Silver is definitely  a long term investment but affordable 

One thing I found is if you buy off here generally the price is so good that if you resell it you get you money back or more

Plus you cant spend it easily like normal money so win win

A lot of coins can increase in value quickly take last years una and the lion 

I am not on my own for kicking myself not buying one or two

On 02/05/2020 at 20:16, HerculeHolmes said:

I was thinking of buying junk silver myself what with premiums being so high, but I'm starting to think that buying metal is a just an expensive hobby and not a serious way to invest or save.

don't want to argue about metal itself, but collecting numismatics is in a way an investment. Coin collecting is doing well and will be doing well in the near future. And i don't think you have to buy a super rare 1756 golden ducat to "invest". My strategy include old silver circulation coins. And with a 19th century silver coin i bet its price wont go down with time.

On 28/04/2020 at 10:16, Silvs said:

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on the best place to buy junk/constitutional and generic silver? Are they available from the European Mint? If not, where is the best place to get them and is it possible to import them from the EU to the UK VAT free at reasonable shipping costs?

You used to be able to buy "junk silver" from the European Mint. They used to sell 1KG mixed coins loose in bags, so it could have been Dimes or Quarters or Halves or a combination of the two or of all three, but not seen any for sell there for quite a few months now so i don't know if they will ever have any back in stock. I got some through the group order with BackYard Bullion.  Always worth giving European Mint a call and asking if they are getting any more stock in or not! 

If you put out a ‘wanted’ ad in the buy/ sell area you will have a number of TSF members help you out 👍🏻

And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Archived