• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where are Brits buying silver coins in this time?

bluemoon

Hi, I am very new to all this and also struggling to find Silver Brit coins... obviously I understand the situation and will just keep my eye out.

I was under the impression Royal Mint... mints to order... thus surely they will be producing like mad at the minute and restock will come in the following month/s? 

I know Atkinsons are desperately looking to buy gold and silver, they've just mass emailed all of their customers reminding them that they don't just sell gold and silver bullion, but also buy it from people, and just how easy it is to sell your bullion to Atkinsons and how they will pay you within 72 hours for any gold or silver bullion you sell to them once you have agreed apon a price.

6 minutes ago, greektony said:

Not sure why anyone would want to sell to Atkinsons at the moment. Their buy prices don't correlate with their sell prices lol

They never do as far as I've seen.

my guess is that lcs are currently having substantial

problems with replenishing stock sold. given there are

fixed costs associated with the business, selling less

ounces means increasing the margin(profit per ounce)

in order for the business to remain open.

HH

For the financial savy dealers, hedging option is a cost to exercise, insurance against price volatility.

For the non financial savy dealers, hedging is not an option, holding on to the physical and selling without making a loss is common sense. Price volatility matters not for firm believers of insurance, to be exercise in time of need.

Dont see why both scenarios can’t exist in the same paradigm.

On 18/03/2020 at 20:01, bluemoon said:

Caught napping I was! But I didn't think people panic buy silver. If they do then they need to sort out their priorities! My hunch is that the dealers are holding onto the main coins until things settle down, but that's just my hunch.

Sorry if this is noob question.

But why does the coin type matter, as long as they are silver.

I bought some 1oz coins on European mint for a decent premium. But They were the cheapest 1oz coin I could get, . 999 fine silver though.

22 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

I bought some 1oz coins on European mint for a decent premium. But They were the cheapest 1oz coin I could get, . 999 fine silver though.

From the perspective of "Bullion" - you are quite right - it doesnt matter as  long as its "investible " grade" i.e. 999/999.9

On 01/04/2020 at 16:14, Blehhhh said:

The only reason it might matter is because UK coins are CGT free when selling. But otherwise you're right, silver is silver.

Archived